Can someone help out?

Yeah they give off heat but it’s from the driver which if he buys the HLG but not the 550 he can mount the driver outside if he wishes.

Having drivers outside the room would be a huge difference in heat for sure with either LED or HID lights.

I can't see why heat is such an issue for the OP though? A 600w HID with decent cool tube setup is easy to do and negates any heat issues. How did you have the tent setup for heat to still be an issue Smellslikechai?

Having drivers outside the room would be a huge difference in heat for sure with either LED or HID lights.

I can't see why heat is such an issue for the OP though? A 600w HID with decent cool tube setup is easy to do and negates any heat issues. How did you have the tent setup for heat to still be an issue Smellslikechai?

You can’t put the globe outside the tent. [emoji19]

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

I thought we were talking about total heat out put which ever way you look at it led is much cooler

Nah I was talking drivers. All good  anyway on total heat,that is just one of the age old generalised LED v's HID arguments though Porky and it simply isn't true in all setups. Reality is there is no best light for every setup. All grow spaces have differences and in some yes LED might be a better choice but for others HID might be. Given the OP's tent size and setup I cant see how heat is an issue though with HID and how LED would be of any advantage in the same setup. If anything logic says changing to led would increase heat issues if you already have issues using cool tubes. A good HID setup with cool tubes will always run cooler than any LED lighting.

Sounds to me that extraction may be a issue ,also circulation of air in space

I've run a 2x2x2 with 2 x 600 hps in summer during days of 40+ temps outside

I never had a issue with it

The only time heat has been a issue was when the light was way too close,user error,

To run that tent successfully you need at least 250mm fan with a 1 metre carbon filter

This will give you the extraction you need to run any light,led or hid or even 3 or 4 hps if you desire,along with a large fan in each corner, some extra co2 wouldn't hurt,you can buy a bag ,can't remember name atm,that will produce extra co2 for 6 months,can't hurt

So I'm thinking if heat is your problem better extraction and circulation could solve your problems

A automatic fan speed controller wouldn't hurt either post-61362-157239697502_thumb.jpegpost-61362-157239698296_thumb.jpegpost-61362-157239699151_thumb.jpeg

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 1