Is this Mould or Trichomes or what ?

Hi there :-) Im new to the forum so apologies in advance if I've posted in the wrong topic ! Starting to get really suss on my weed, can anyone tell me if in this picture that looks like mould or just a shitload of trichomes? The Weed is really green lightish in colour dry crumbly has a bit of a 'horrible perfume' smell, lots of residue on the bag if you zoom in the photo you can see. I've noticed in the past year there's a bit of this weird smelling stuff going around, not sure if its tainted. Can't really comment on the high because I've become quite tolerant so very difficult to get stoned these days (about to have a break for a couple of months) Just worried that I'm smoking shit filled with mould or possibly something or worse.

post-63447-0-82077900-1572127122_thumb.png

Edited by ceedee

Trichs mate, not bud rot but if the taste is awful and it is crumbly like dirt and tight ridiculous buds it would have been due to awful nutes used in the grow which I can't remember what they used to make these awful solid buds as you describe.

It doesn't taste bad taste Ive just been noticing in the past 6 months or so some strains have a yucky perfume smell, I could be losing my mind tho hahaha. I've been trying to avoid getting the darker colour tightly packed brownish weed cos I was worried about PGRs, I thought the greener looking stuff was safe but the smell is odd. The residue inside the bag almost feels like sand but it could be trichs. It would be really helpful to know what strains we"re buying but unfortunately no one ever seems to know.

Edited by ceedee

ok, found it.

It's Plant Growth Regulator (PGR) often used in indoor hydro grows:

https://friendlyaussiebuds.com/australian-cannabis-education/pgr-toxic-weed/

The more I learn about the toxic shit greedy growers are putting in weed, the more motivated to give up until it becomes legalised ! after 20 years of smoking can't say I enjoy it that much any more, too paranoid about toxins

The more I learn about the toxic shit greedy growers are putting in weed, the more motivated to give up until it becomes legalised ! after 20 years of smoking can't say I enjoy it that much any more, too paranoid about toxins

I know what you mean. I haven't looked back since I bit the bullet and started growing my own.

I agree with everyone. Start growing your own. Even a few plants in Slurpie cups is better than buying. Heck I only started just under 2 years ago. If I can grow anyone can.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk