Autoflower metabolism and sleep patterns

Have noticed over the grow, how 2 strains are thriving under 18/6 light schedule and other 2 not so much.

Most growers out there will recommend 20/4 or an 18/6 light schedule start to finish for autoflowerplants

My 2 northern lights are about to shoot well over the expected life cycle from the breeder

I think this is due to the genetics carrying over more photo period traits then not, have also noticed now that there in flower they are shutting down and going to sleep 3-4 hours minimum before lights off, this tells me they would thrive more from a shorter light period ( can’t be done until the 2 chimp glue are out of tent) I did shut off lights a bit earlier one day last week due to hot weather and not having the controls in place to combat...... and the northern lights have never looked better after, leaves up, bud sites shot out over night and the just looked happy and healthy.

Now this goes against all recommendation from growers and breeders, but once the chimp glues are out I’m gonna switch there cycle to 14/10 and see how they go.

Anyone else have autos show these traits? Obviously everything benefits from a sleep but to the point where there shutting down long before lights off?

Definitely not from over/under watering as last night they were thriving (lights on at night) , pot was very light, got a good watering till run off and there in coco, and have monitored this for awhile now....already learnt all that crap the hard way

post-65616-157204735065_thumb.jpg

Crappy photo but the back 2 girls are out cold as you can see, 3 hours before lights off.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Have you monitored humidity and temps throughout lights on?

This was another one, I thought maybe there over feeding through humidity levels, last 3 days have been 45-52% humidity and temps steady at 26-28c lights on........ up and down through out the grow but nothing to drastic to ring alarms

I'm only in week 3 from seed but I'm leaving lights on for 24hrs.

I'm at the same stage and light schedule as you. Thinking about dropping to something less though, given we are coming into summer and temps are only going to get higher.

Don't want to hijack the thread but it's there a disadvantage of changing light schedules throughout the grow?