House & Garden hydro or aquaflakes

My coco H&G is running out and I'm wanting to get into a perlite and or perlite verm grow. I would like to do combo of run to waste, hempy buckets, and have a go at recirc.

Which is more suitable for me? Hydro or Aqua flakes? Aqua flakes they recommend for recirc as it keeps ph etc more stable. I don't imagine I'll get into a proper dwc setup so is aqua flakes more suitable for with my grow types? I'm leaning towards that but would like some opinions.

MLG

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Been using Bud-rite for a long time, well over 20 years, have used it for RTW, Areo, Recirculating systems,

different mediums, dirt/soil, rockwool, perlite, perlite/vermiculite, coco/perlite and coco 

would never use anything else, it works well, never had any reason to change 

never heard of aqua flakes, sounds like goldfish food 

find a good well balanced ferty you like and stick to it i reckon

Thanks Pedro. I'll look it up. I'm not adverse to changing nutrient brand.

Been using Bud-rite for a long time, well over 20 years, have used it for RTW, Areo, Recirculating systems,

different mediums, dirt/soil, rockwool, perlite, perlite/vermiculite, coco/perlite and coco

Just looked it up. It has both growrite (veg) and budrite (flower). You use both for your grows I'm guessing?

That's a question with h&g, I've been asking myself for a while now. H&g have one bottle for both veg and flower where you'd assume the plant has different needs between veg and flower.

Thanks sooty. I guess I could do a bit of reading but I suspect the coco just has more calmag in it than the hydro or aqua flakes. But considering I'm moving away from coco want to try something more which matches my medium.

I still use the coco nutes in my perlite grows mlg, no probs. I use h&g also

Nah don't use the grow, just the bud-rite

much prefer higher K than N meself, but you could flower with the grow-rite if you wanted to 

I reckon a higher K than N  produces a better plant, fatter hardier stems, more capable of producing BIG buds

not floppy plants that struggle to hold small buds up, works great on pure sativa's as well, they don't like to much N 

did buy the grow once, was me first grow using it, still got half left somewhere lol

just like to be different than the herd I suppose

I'm new to growing but what's stopping you from running a full DWC I have a Dutch kettle and it rocks for me.

I did do one grow in coco/pearlite with advanced nutrients run and in this in DWC setup only problem I got was cal mag def simple solution straight to AN and got a sup fixed it and the plant grew nice.

Thanks Pedro. I might try out the budrite then. I'll use the rest of my h&g coco for the veg of my autos and switch to budrite for flower.

Nah don't use the grow, just the bud-rite

much prefer higher K than N meself, but you could flower with the grow-rite if you wanted to

I reckon a higher K than N produces a better plant, fatter hardier stems, more capable of producing BIG buds

not floppy plants that struggle to hold small buds up, works great on pure sativa's as well, they don't like to much N

did buy the grow once, was me first grow using it, still got half left somewhere lol

just like to be different than the herd I suppose