• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Seedsman cannabis seeds seedbank marijuana
Mars Hydro Store - LED Lighting and Grow Tents - Hydroponics

Photo

root rot

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

wilson 6006

wilson 6006

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:None
  • Fav. Heads:None
  • Fav. Lighting: cmh

hi my last 2 grows have been ended short due to root rot. I'm running a rdwc setup with a chiller., last time I put 4lt of household bleach in 160lts of water ran for 3hrs soaked for 2hrs before flushing with fresh melbourne tap water., and introduced the chiller to the system. The res temp sits under 20deg. when running. The last run It didn't happen until 4weeks into flower. I monitored the roots regularly as i was a bit weary. new system different lights to normal. ( heaps of circulation, heaps of bubblers )They were white and healthy up to a week ago. I use the professors grow roots as recommended . I was considering also using oxyplus in the future. Could the rot be coming in with the tap water? how can i fix that? I have a rainwater tank which I could use, but havent as I figured melbourne water was ok, and I was more likely to introduce fungal problems using tank water.  Is there any thing I can use to sterilize the tank water? I water form the top of the root ball, I have always done this with no problems, yet some recommend not to. should I use a different sterilization method ?  any suggestions or advice would be appreciated. wilson

Edited by wilson 6006, 14 October 2019 - 03:38 PM.

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

Tunkers

Tunkers

Drug War Veteran

• Members
  • 6886 Posts:
  • Interests:Tokin'
    Growin'
    Metal
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads)
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
How much light gets to the root zone? If temps are in order I'm not sure other then that

Completed Journals

Tunkers Tinkering      State of Origin 1      Samsung F Series LED Build

wilson 6006

wilson 6006

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 Posts:

How much light gets to the root zone? If temps are in order I'm not sure other then that

no light that I know of reaches the root zone. thanks

wilson 6006

wilson 6006

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 Posts:

i posted this on several forums , I was advised to lower the level of the nutrients to 50mm below the netpots , which I have hopefully this will help

ooodog

ooodog

Couch Locked

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1319 Posts:
  • Interests:Indoor grows.
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads)
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
Have you used CYCO Zyme? It’s about $65 for 1lt but I’ve never had healthier roots in my plants since I started adding it.

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---account If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who Died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\---Or who may be suffering from it
survivors too..god bless em
More compassion in this world is what we need!

GreatSouthernMan

GreatSouthernMan

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish, Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: The Sun
  • Fav. Nutrients:Worm Castings Potash Seasol Mycorrhizal fungi

are you using any organic based hydro nutes by any chance ? I like to add a small scoop (qtr tspoon) per 20L of Great white mycorrhizae atleast weekly 

Everything Posted on here is Entirely fictional and a product of my imagination, No Plants were intentially harmed as a result of my imaginary grows 

Please do not PM me asking for imaginary seeds or weed as it is against ozstoners policy to do so.

Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
Hy-Gen Humiboosta Blend of Humic and Fulvic Acids
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.