No more coco or dwc .. Starting Vermiculite /perlite :)

Following this with great interest. Got the last of my coco in fabric pots but after that I'm aiming to setup pretty much how it is described here. What size perlite are you going for?

What sort of pots are you using? I've got 3 and 5 gal fabric pots, standard garden pots and 20L black buckets from the Kmart fishing section :)

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

It's not so much how long you feed them for but needs to be long enough to get some runoff...I've had mine fed by gravity and manually turning the tap on and off ,that time would vary not only on the size of the plants,, but on how much was left in the holding tank..although if using a pump it would be a consistent amount whether the tank is full or nearly empty

And Hey don't think having runoff is a waste of money ,,,the cost of wastage is really little..and your giving them fresh food rather than what they've been sitting in for a week in a recirculating system that has to be dumped anyway.

Thanks for the info like always sedge

Potted a couple of clones into some small 6L containers, Probably sounds stupid but it’s sooo different compared to coco weight wise I didn’t know if I had watered enough ! I’d already got a few bags of pre mix perlite vermiculite from Bunnings (have since bought 1x 100 L bag of verm and 1x100l super coarse Perl from hydro shop )

So hand watering twice a day inna watering can with some canna Aqua nutes I need to use up (feeds a feed right !?) until small amount of run off

It’s just hard to gauge till I get used to it - coco was easy as it doubles or triples in weight when wet but this mix can hardly tell .

I have them under 250W MH - hopefully twice a day is enough

Will post pics tonight

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app