The 3 others managed to pop but then failed to live beyond their first set of true leaves.
- The first was put in a tiny felt pot of coir, after it had sprouted and got its first true leaves I gently touched it with my nail while inspecting it and it keeled over, causing a bend in the stem that it never recovered from. Here's a pic of it from maybe heat damage? I replanted it deeper and it's currently a tiny stunted thing with an itty bitty set of second true leaves that haven't done anything in about 2 weeks.
- The second shot up a little leggy but bigger and healthier, this time in some sphagnum moss and perlite. It then keeled over the second night (without being touched) and got a thin bit in the stem. Tried giving it support, weak part got weaker. Tried burying it deeper into a medium fabric pot of coir and perlite, the first little true leaves got brown spots and it stopped doing anything. It was munched on by a snail - so I pulled it out and inspected it and found that the roots had just mostly turned into brown scraggles. Goodbye second seedling.
Now I'm on my third and final seed, this is the only one that grew a semi decent taproot (1cm) before being potted. It's in its final pot now of coir and perlite (34 litre, felt fabric) upon recommendation of a balcony grow guide that said autos were easily stunted. I'm yet to see it peak its head above the coir.
1. Are autos usually so touchy?
2. I feel like coir is either wet or DRY, it changes colour so much as it dries. Does anyone have any experience with good guidelines for watering in coir?
3. What's wrong with me, why won't my seeds live ?
I feel like such a parent plant failure at this point, I've read so much online info it's just confusing me at this point.
These are the nutes I plan to use if I can keep this last one alive:
Professor's Original A+B
PART A Nitrogen: 76 (8%) Sulphur: 67 (7%) Magnesium: 51 (5%) Phosphate: 61 (6%) Potassium: 295 (30%)
PART B Calcium: 190 (19%) Nitrogen: 150 (15%) Iron: 8.3 (1%)
TRACE ELEMENTS Manganese: 0.44 Boron: 0.3 Copper: 0.06 Zinc: 0.13 Molybdenum: 0.01
Total NPK ratio when mixed according to directions:
N 23% P 6% K 30%
Edited by MissMaconha, 04 October 2019 - 03:27 PM.