Hermie question

Hoping some experienced heads can help answer a question on Hermie seeds I seem to be getting conflicted info from dr google ...

So a I have a female plant that Hermied due to environment factors not genetics. That plant is pulled out ASAP but still pollinates the other females.

Are those seeds feminized, Hermie or mixture of the two?

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

My basic understanding is that the are all feminized but up to 50% will Hermie especially if given the same environmental stress.

I was wondering if you can lessen Hermie trait by growing those seeds outdoors to lessen stress and do some pheno hunting?

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

If you want to keep the strain going then I'd agree trying them outside,,,,I've seen it with seeds a mate has ,,grow them inside and they get heaps of bananas ,,,one plant was totally covered in them...plant them outside and you get a good plant .....by the way ,his seeds did not produce any male plants .

Not saying yours won't hermi outside ,,but defiantly worth trying.

I don’t necessarily want to keep running the strain as a keeper but I also don’t want to throw away hundreds of free seeds which are just for my own use. Just curious if anyone else had actual experience with ratios on fem outcome after pollination by Hermie (stressed no t genetic) Most info online is contradictory. Hence the question.

If you want to keep the strain going then I'd agree trying them outside,,,,I've seen it with seeds a mate has ,,grow them inside and they get heaps of bananas ,,,one plant was totally covered in them...plant them outside and you get a good plant .....by the way ,his seeds did not produce any male plants .

Not saying yours won't hermi outside ,,but defiantly worth trying.

Thanks SE. I’m gonna trial some late season outside once my other ladies are nearly finished and report back findings on ratios. At very least it will be an interesting experiment.

I don’t necessarily want to keep running the strain as a keeper but I also don’t want to throw away hundreds of free seeds which are just for my own use. Just curious if anyone else had actual experience with ratios on fem outcome after pollination by Hermie (stressed no t genetic) Most info online is contradictory. Hence the question.

Number 1 I don't think you caused it to hermie

if it's not genetic it takes some serious stress to turn them

I mean serious fuckups with light hours over a long period of time, irregular on and off times of varying time lengths ,serious PH lockout over sustained period with light issues

The question was ,is it a hermie or a female that threw nanas on already existing buds

A hermie will be identified fairly early in flowering, you just got to find them

The nanas are usually at the base of the flower structure

Lots of times the nanas thrown on a female in late flower can be sterile,again the odd nana will appear on the buds 1 day and gone the next

Other times you won't see that odd nana and you create a almost certain copy of the mother,being female

The amount of seeds you refer to would come from a true hermie,therefore that trait would be present

I just don't think you noticed earlier

Lots of ppl think they cause it but this is generally not the case at all