Organic fertiliser for Guerilla growing

Yeah , i think what your talking bout mongy is Nitrogen Drawdown...

.....if you use a living mulch / green manure crop you'll be fixing nitrogen

in the soil via nitrogen fixing bacteria & not loosing it to the energy required 

to breakdown wood 

if not using a living mulch then use a divers set of materials to top dress not just one thing like wood / sawdust ect   

Not sure what the technical name for it is itchy but that name is as good as any lol I do know from experience that it's an issue if it happens though.

Any fresh plant matter used as a mulch that isn't high in nitrogen will draw nitrogen from the soil as it decomposes and as you said 'woody' mulches will also do this.

The best way to mulch is with good diverse green cover crops for sure but this is something that takes planning and time. If you haven't got a green cover crop and need to use fresher composts then make sure you use a wide mix of composts and make sure you include things high in nitrogen such as lucerne or 'nitrogen drawdown' can be an issue.

• Upvote 1

Back in the day in Europe. The price of land was set by the amount of worms per square metre.

Worms are great but a lot of Australia is way to dry for worms to survive. This is where termites come in. They do the same job cultivating the soil that worms do in wetter places except worms won't cultivate your house into the soil as well lol

Not sure what the technical name for it is itchy but that name is as good as any lol I do know from experience that it's an issue if it happens though.

Any fresh plant matter used as a mulch that isn't high in nitrogen will draw nitrogen from the soil as it decomposes and as you said 'woody' mulches will also do this.

The best way to mulch is with good diverse green cover crops for sure but this is something that takes planning and time. If you haven't got a green cover crop and need to use fresher composts then make sure you use a wide mix of composts and make sure you include things high in nitrogen such as lucerne or 'nitrogen drawdown' can be an issue.

def takes planning for sure but that planning will pay off 10 fold if the effort is put in imo 

Worms are great but a lot of Australia is way to dry for worms to survive. This is where termites come in. They do the same job cultivating the soil that worms do in wetter places except worms won't cultivate your house into the soil as well lol

i've never had a large portion of land to play with so can't speak from experience but i think utilizing the soil microbe community 

will help roots grow much deeper in the soil helping combat the stresses of very minimal rain , need to also sort out any compaction 

form heavy farm machinery which will stop roots growing deep & promote weeds which mostly have shallow root systems , that then

compete with your cash crop 

of cause this needs to be set up b4 drought conditions are in place , also doesn't help when soil is constantly exposed to sun / wind without cover / protection 

once again i've never farmed so "grain of salt" 

Edited by itchybromusic