Cannabis quality and genetics

Ok I'll try start kick it off

When I first started to grow was given seeds by a older mate

That was 44 yrs ago

The strain was unknown as it was already a combination of seeds collected from his trips OS

Countries such such as Morocco, Nepal, Hawaii, South Africa and Mexico

3 phenos were common

One produced black buds that smelt like hash oil,1 smelt like coffee and was a brown colour bud ,the other a light green very sweet smelling thing

After a few trips myself collecting the odd seed here n there, and some cross breeding with my mates I suppose some sort of genetic trial had been set

Things change ,no more mates to cross with,trips OS myself not viable,so u survived by back crossing the odd male to generate seeds for the following yr

That was ok,had some great plants over the yrs ,but all good things come to a end

The last of it was completely washed away 3 or 4 yrs ago so the search began

What to buy as that was my only option now

So some research lead me too 6 strains to start with

3 were selected ,now to find a suitable male

That was just shear luck

Old mate , known for yrs had been secretly been doing indoors for yrs

He had some pollen from a male he had used b4 to good effect even though he wasn't crossing it ,simply keeping the same strain going as pure as he could

Great White Shark, it smoked a few times,was as good as any thing I'd ever smoked

So that was it

My current grow is Candy Cream X great white shark

About Great White Shark

It is a cross breed of Super Skunk with strains from Brazil and southern Indian. The THC levels of the plant hover around 14% to 15%.Great White Shark has a sweet, earthy scent with citrus undertones.

Seedsmans Candy Cream Description

Candy Cream fast is a typically indica-structured plant which develops dense buds along its many side-branches. It was bred from crossing Blue Black with Maple Leaf Indica and White Rhino. This 90% indica strain has a rich, sweet caramel flavour with earthy undertones.

The result has been a very busy,short with a very sweet smell,bubblegum if you like

Hopefully the smoke will be worth the wait

Here's a few pics post-61362-156886990731_thumb.jpegpost-61362-156886991868_thumb.jpegpost-61362-156886994042_thumb.jpegpost-61362-156886995478_thumb.jpeg

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 1

Are you saying Land race Sativas are the best Strains or.. ?

No that was a throw away line on another thread, as in ALL me strains came from a seeded bud, its where the seeds form lol mostly anyway 

But I will say that the building blocks for ALL the good strains came from landrace strains, sativa or not 

• Upvote 1

To me its a endless search(so far anyway) to find something good, real fucking good hey 

have made some rippers over the years, one I ran for 20 years, would still be running it if I still had it 

in the process of going thru me old seeds to see what is there, must of found them sometime after i'd started buying seeds

had none left so I thought, can't even remember when i found them lol,

they would have to be better than half the crap I've bought, fuck it wouldn't be hard,

have never seen so many hermaphrodites, since trying to find a good Thai male 30 + years ago 

• Upvote 1

The traits I was looking for were

1 Quality n taste

2 Short stumpy with plenty of side branches

3 Time taken to harvest from 12/12

4 Yield

The above clones are showing those traits

Pics are 53 days from flip to 12/12

Or if you like 39 days from white hairs

As they r clones it's hard to give a veg period but I would think they would have been the equivalent of a 6 to 8 week veg from seed

This is a pic of the same strain but with a veg time 10 weeks, although full effort hasn't gone into it, more trying to keep it a bay

Compared to the other clones in there it's 2/3 the height but twice as round

post-61362-156887125525_thumb.jpeg

• Upvote 1

One thing I've learn't over the years is, nobody wants the real good shit 

ya never see them again, and if you do they want something else lol

you can tell a good strain, its when you make a mix and you are the only one going for a third bong( with 40 year old blokes, that are 20 year smokers)

or when two heavy smokers, me being one of them,  battle to get thru a gram or two

can't find them strains these days 

• Upvote 1

One thing I've learn't over the years is, nobody wants the real good shit

ya never see them again, and if you do they want something else lol

you can tell a good strain, its when you make a mix and you are the only one going for a third bong( with 40 year old blokes, that are 20 year smokers)

or when two heavy smokers, me being one of them, battle to get thru a gram or two

can't find them strains these days

I know Perdo just stirring, about land race sativa, lol , [emoji106] and yes, that's when you know it's a good strain, when u have trouble finishing a gram or two. Fuck , that hasn't happened for twenty years + ..

• Upvote 1