General hydroponics feeding

Hey peeps! Started a grow diary mainly for myself to be able to look back on....... but have a question on nutrients. Soooo much information out there that it just becomes a head fuck...... girls have really popped out there first true leaves over the last few days and looking at first hit of nutes in the next couple of days....... thinking of following this for the first grow, but only using cal-mag plus the flora trio, which I already have waiting. I thought start with basics and concentrate on keeping good environment plus balanced ph and ec....... and then look at additives over the next few grows once I get my head around the basics...... does following something like the attached sound ok? Any tips will help heapspost-65616-156732346596_thumb.png

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

This is what’s fucking with me, some recommend a higher dose then the above, some less...... above is a happy medium iv found. Above also mentions to be feeding minimum of 2 times per day(manual) 3-5 times on a auto system. To stop build ups...... keeping run off ec as close to the intake ec as possible

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

That’s in mls per gallon, I would personally just feed half strength to what it sez on the bottle to start with but have the ph and ec to that, also keep in kind that looks like it’s using RO water or something with 0 ppm to start with. Not a bad feeding chart and it’s also for a 9 week plant. Best wishes with your grow.

Good point, I just rounded off 1gallon to be 4litres, that way I’m always a little under the above dose. If the water I’m using starts with an ec of 150 do I add that 150 to my overall aim? So if recommended ec is 400 do I take it to 550? Or have I got that ass about,

Using a three part nutrient will certainly add to the confusion. 2 parts are easy, just add equal amounts of A & B and ajust the volumes to get the EC where you want it.

I agree, the charts make assumptions about watering volumes and frequencies, unfortunately the assumptions are not stated on the chart.

You've got the right idea IMO, focus on environment, pH etc, leave the boosters for later. If I were in your shoes, I'd just follow the chart. Worry if things dont look right.

Charts just a basic guideline, I get that. The actual coco for cannabis page does have some good information though...... recommended volume and frequency for nutes/water is 2 times minimum if manual feeding, 3-5 times on an auto feed while only allowing medium to dry out 10-20%

Yep, add the tap water EC to your desired EC, in your example 550 is correct. I'm not sure what EC units they are using. I'm use to EC's being something like 0.5 or 2.0.

Yeh cooper that’s it, so it would be .15 and take it up to .55...... or 1.7 in later stages