1st Auto Grow In Coco, So many questions :)

Hi Serrated edge  :good: , yeah I used to keep an eye on coco runoff, and would often check to see what was running out.

You're right though, in that with low level nutrient feeds, drain to waste, it should be straight forward.

The problem I kept seeing was the pH dropping into the 4's.

With trial an error I ended up feeding at 1.2 EC for 2 feeds followed by a straight water with no pH down.

The way I arrived at that was by watching what was running out   :)

Bufo,,,

All pots will have a change in ec and ph as the plant feeds ,,,,so all it should take is another feed with ample runoff ,,but to adjust ph or ec all the time ,in my eyes is just chasing your tail round and round ,,it's like trying to correct something that doesn't need it.

Coco isn't an inert medium so no doubt you had problems using it hydroponically.

Yes you are correct Serrated edge but I never mentioned constantly adjusting EC or pH as you would indeed be chasing your tail, for sure. 

If we were to be wasteful and keep pouring the solution in then of course it would eventually end up at the EC and pH of the solution, but why waste so much solution?

I used to do run to waste with zero waste, by making use of the drip tray under the pot or planter box.

The low EC feeds and straight water every 3rd water kept the EC and pH in range.

Sorry if I confused the issue, that's just where I ended up with my coco grows.