1st Auto Grow In Coco, So many questions :)

Hi Guys,
So i had a couple of bush plants i tried growing to make butter for some pain relief and although the grows were not great(winter grow, long way from home, little water) I still ended up with about 40 grams of ok material to make the butter.
The butter was good and helped with sleeping and the back pain, so now i am trying to do a better grow outdoors in the back yard.

I have looked and read and read and looked all over the forum and appreciate all the info you guys have shared.

I am just looking for some clarification please. 

I have 5 seedlings that i germinated in jiffy pots and have transplanted today into pots.

3 Autos that have gone into 20L square pots and will be outdoor grown in SEQ.

2 Photos that have gone into 10L pots that i will try another guerrilla grow over summer. I am happy with what i am going to do with these plants.

(Seeds were from Caveman and 100% germination) :)

Re the autos.

20L square pots

URGO Pure Coco the guy at the hydro shop recommended.

Cultiplex Extra-Nutrex Grow (green bottle.

I have planted the jiffy pots straight into the pots full of 100% Urgo Pure Coco only. (Not washed as was told it doesnt need to be and NO other fertilisers.)

The plants have coke bottles over them at the moment to create a small green house.

I have a Feed chart the gentlemen gave me that sold me the products.

It looks and sounds very simple.

I plan on just following the feed chart and swapping over to flower nutrients when the time comes. Flush every second week.

My questions are :

1 Can i mix 20/50 litres at a time and have the mix in a tub or should i mix each morning what i need and not store it as such.

2 How much water should i be pouring into the 20l pots? Approx 5l..... 10l, the pots have trays under them that will hold about 1 litre of run off.

3 Should i just water every morning. As it gets hotter should i also water at night also.

4 If watering twice a day, nutrients in the morning, plain water at night?

Appreciate your thoughts and comments.

Cheers

• Upvote 1

Sound like you're on top of things which is great. Something that's repeated here over and over again is do monitor your runoff. Get a cheapo ebay ph pen and ppm pen. Make sure your ppm runoff doesn't exceed the ppm going in. Also monitor the ph for in and out. If ph coming out is less than going in you'll usually find that ppm is higher coming out than in as well. In that case your runoff is not sufficient so feed more volume through it.

I'm sure others will have more advice but sounds like you've thought it through.

Good luck mate.

MLG

Hi Guys,

So i had a couple of bush plants i tried growing to make butter for some pain relief and although the grows were not great(winter grow, long way from home, little water) I still ended up with about 40 grams of ok material to make the butter.

The butter was good and helped with sleeping and the back pain, so now i am trying to do a better grow outdoors in the back yard.

I have looked and read and read and looked all over the forum and appreciate all the info you guys have shared.

I am just looking for some clarification please.

I have 5 seedlings that i germinated in jiffy pots and have transplanted today into pots.

3 Autos that have gone into 20L square pots and will be outdoor grown in SEQ.

2 Photos that have gone into 10L pots that i will try another guerrilla grow over summer. I am happy with what i am going to do with these plants.

(Seeds were from Caveman and 100% germination) :)

Re the autos.

20L square pots

URGO Pure Coco the guy at the hydro shop recommended.

Cultiplex Extra-Nutrex Grow (green bottle.

I have planted the jiffy pots straight into the pots full of 100% Urgo Pure Coco only. (Not washed as was told it doesnt need to be and NO other fertilisers.)

The plants have coke bottles over them at the moment to create a small green house.

I have a Feed chart the gentlemen gave me that sold me the products.

It looks and sounds very simple.

I plan on just following the feed chart and swapping over to flower nutrients when the time comes. Flush every second week.

My questions are :

1 Can i mix 20/50 litres at a time and have the mix in a tub or should i mix each morning what i need and not store it as such.

2 How much water should i be pouring into the 20l pots? Approx 5l..... 10l, the pots have trays under them that will hold about 1 litre of run off.

3 Should i just water every morning. As it gets hotter should i also water at night also.

4 If watering twice a day, nutrients in the morning, plain water at night?

Appreciate your thoughts and comments.

Cheers

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Only my opinion..

1, if they are only seedlings I wouldn't be mixing a shit load of nutes, unless you plan on keeping them out of light and running some air stones in the tub.

2, at the start they went need to much, just step it up as they get bigger and hungrier.

3 and 4, if they are big enough and can handle it, yes a couple feeds a day. Coco has no nutrients, maybe leave the plain watering for a flush every now and then to get rid of the salt build up the coco will get.

Again only my opinion and certainly no expert, but I wouldn't be checking run off unless you really had some issues, just seems like a head fuck and confusing for newish growers. Especially using the cheap arse Ebay pens that need to be calibrated every time to make sure.

Good luck spider

Hey Sooty, good advice. Just a note about the ebay pens....has served me well for about 3 years now. Maybe just lucky. The runoff advice, the first time any grower "needs" to do it is when they have issues so looking back on my experience, for me, I wish I did it earlier. And as most new growers they have a hard time stopping themselves from touching the plants (usually overwster and over feed) it's a harmless way to keep your hands busy :)

Only my opinion..

1, if they are only seedlings I wouldn't be mixing a shit load of nutes, unless you plan on keeping them out of light and running some air stones in the tub.

2, at the start they went need to much, just step it up as they get bigger and hungrier.

3 and 4, if they are big enough and can handle it, yes a couple feeds a day. Coco has no nutrients, maybe leave the plain watering for a flush every now and then to get rid of the salt build up the coco will get.

Again only my opinion and certainly no expert, but I wouldn't be checking run off unless you really had some issues, just seems like a head fuck and confusing for newish growers. Especially using the cheap arse Ebay pens that need to be calibrated every time to make sure.

Good luck spider

adding perlite 2 your coco?

with your auto's I've had better results with about one eighth of whats on bottle 

up until 3rd node, then gradually increase

I'm only learning 2 but testing your runoff is good idea

maybe have a look at canna terra peat mix, very forgiving 4 newbies like me.......p.s  buy some calmag if growing in coco

good luck

Only my opinion..

Good luck spider

Yep,,, if you got a happy plant no need to check runoff ,,Seems nonsense to me.,,,

Lots of ppl around here think heat is a problem

The hotter the better as long as you have good air exchange and movement healthy plants will thrive

Remember VPD, as long as you match humidity with heat the benefits are huge

2 yrs ago I had indica and sativas in flower during January, February into March, they loved the heat

• Upvote 1