Question about growing with extension leads and powerboard

Thanks for the tips guys, will definitely try hide the cable.

Was thinking instead of digging a big trench and running pipes along it, I was going to run it down the fence line so it's not visible from the air/neighbours. Would it be OK to leave the cable sitting on the ground and exposed to the elements for a few months? Thinking of using a heavy duty trade one like this:

https://www.sparkydirect.com.au/p/1191325/extension-lead-30-metre-10-amp-heavy-duty-with-neon-plug.html

Does that cable look alright? Should I get a 10A or 15A cable? Is 1.5mm thick enough?

Sorry for all the questions, just want to be really careful with electrical stuff!!

How far is the run? What's wrong with laying some pvc and doing it properly? Even if you weren't doing canna in there surely it would be handy to have power there and not suspicious if you were seen digging up a trench for it right?

Thanks for the tips guys, will definitely try hide the cable.

Was thinking instead of digging a big trench and running pipes along it, I was going to run it down the fence line so it's not visible from the air/neighbours. Would it be OK to leave the cable sitting on the ground and exposed to the elements for a few months? Thinking of using a heavy duty trade one like this:

https://www.sparkydirect.com.au/p/1191325/extension-lead-30-metre-10-amp-heavy-duty-with-neon-plug.html

Does that cable look alright? Should I get a 10A or 15A cable? Is 1.5mm thick enough?

Sorry for all the questions, just want to be really careful with electrical stuff!!

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Just another suggestion before you set up any growing things in the shed why not have it (the shed) properly wired up with power points and a fuse rcd box by a sparky 

then you can run whatever you want from there safely and with no dodgey extension cords etc

I'd love to do that, but we are going to pull the shed down in about 6 months time for a decelopment so I don't want to commit too much cash to it.

I guess Im just looking for the easiest and cheapest way to set up the shed

Hey mate another suggestion if your not confident with cutting leads is to get your pvc pipe glue it all together and use an angle grinder to slice it down the middle - then peel it open enough to slip the cable in - won’t be waterproof but it shouldn’t need to be and at least it will be safer than exposed

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners