Question about growing with extension leads and powerboard

Hi all, 

I'm hoping to start another grow - but I'll need to do it in the back shed and run power out there from the house.  I have a small converted fridge that I've got set up out there.

The distance is about 30m from the house, and I'll be powering a Viparspectre 450W LED light, a small fan and a 4" extraction fan, as well as a small heat pad to keep the temp balanced. 

Are there any issues with running this setup in terms of safety and overloading a circuit or something? Would it be an issue to run double adaptors off the powerboard at the end?

Also, I'm a little nervous that the grow might get picked up by helicopters....will it be visible to them if the grow is with LED lights inside a fridge, inside the the shed?

Any help/advice would be great appreciated!

Cheers

*EDIT* - sorry it's a 450W LED

Edited by jables

I’m highly unqualified in this area mate , but I’d assume as long as you have rcds etc you’ll be fine - use a heavy duty extension cord (I have a 30m heavy duty cord I use to power a wall chasing vacuum and dual blade Hilti chaser and that draws about 2400watts for chasing out new homes and renovations for plumbing )

Your running about 600w tops by the sounds of that

As far as helicopters go I wouldn’t stress mate - imagine how much shit people have in there sheds - pool tables , gas heaters , tvs , grow rooms, beef jerky , Italians making sauce , etc etc if they issued a warrant for every “glow” in a shed they’d be door knocking every 5th house .... if it’s lit up like a Xmas tree or The griswalds roof in National Lampoons Christmas Vacation then I’d worry. But id be more concerned about the 4 inch fan than the little vipsrspectre [emoji12][emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Edited by Jimboss83

:-) haha thanks mate! Good to know about the helicopters - just a little paranoid, but sounds like it will be alright ;-)

I was definitely thinking of getting a high quality/heavy duty extension lead - I'll get the best one i can find at Bunnings.

I dont know if my house has RCDs though, I'll have to check the circuit board and see if they are there!

Yep i remember that Matti.

If your were going to grow in there permanently maybe you could dig a foot deep trench all the way to the shed then bury the cord under ground. But for safety reasons make sure you buy a good power cord like the heavy duty ones electricians use. Also buy the same length of plumbing pipe cut one end off the power cord feed it through the pipe, re wire cut off end (not hard to do) then gap fill the 2 ends of the pipe so water doesn't get in and bingo permanent power to the shed.

A bit of work but worth it i say :)

• Upvote 1

Dare I ask, who was it that got busted?

Yep i remember that Matti.

If your were going to grow in there permanently maybe you could dig a foot deep trench all the way to the shed then bury the cord under ground. But for safety reasons make sure you buy a good power cord like the heavy duty ones electricians use. Also buy the same length of plumbing pipe cut one end off the power cord feed it through the pipe, re wire cut off end (not hard to do) then gap fill the 2 ends of the pipe so water doesn't get in and bingo permanent power to the shed.

A bit of work but worth it i say :)

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app