Hey cookedonbud, I used to make Searles garden mix. Their best product is Peat80 ,which is a mix of real 5in1(chicken, cow,pig,blood and bone), composted shavings and pine bark, 20% peat(don't use coco coir,it has a different ph.) With a host of water saving products and slow release fertilizers. My advice is to find a local Co-op or Produce as items bought at Bunnings have a 1000% mark up and with the volume your talking about can get very expensive. My issue with Searles products is that not all items that go into the recipe due to staff not doing their job. I also made Brunnings products, their products are broght in off site and made from compost from your local dump so they will contaminate your plants with unwanted pathogens. At least Searles compost their own products.

We used old 44 gallon drums cut in half and only put drainage holes in 20 cm from the base and you can use the gravel in the bottom to air trim the roots. If they do get 3m, you can put holes in bottom so they can extend roots into the ground. This is helpful if you get flooding events that might wash your plants away, normally Feb to April. My favourite soil is composted lawn clippings, aged & composted chicken manure with some creek sand preferably with a lot of organic matter still in it and water crystals. We had used some of the larger pots (200 to 500 litre) but we found them useful for putting a number of plants in one pot, not just one big plant as they were to easy to be found. Most local Co-ops will have everything you need, good luck.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Good job setting up by a stream. I think thats the most important thing with bush grows, in terms of keeping them healthy and getting the absolute most out of them. Its not logical to haul water imo [emoji108]

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Growing next to any water source is a sure fire way to have them stolen in my experience. Another way to ensure they are stolen is to pull off the track knocking down plants and useing the same pathway to the crop, these are the signs that people look for when searching for crops to steal.

• Upvote 1