What are these

Never added it myself but can't see why not.

Just seems moist coco attracts them more than perlite.

interesting SE ... we've had a few gnat issue threads recently and i can't remember anyone using perlite that had a problem either ...

haven't grown in coco, but it seems the most common growing medium for many newer growers. there are coco growers here that get some great results ... i'm just not sure that it is a good choice for someone getting into growing.

a fair while ago, i used clay ball, flood and drain systems. they seem to be very out of fashion now, but once set up ... they were hassle free and very productive.

used to run a few beds using aquaculture shallow tanks (about 40cm deep) that emptied into a largish water tank  ... when the beds drained they aerated the tank water - nice and simple. never worried about auto-siphons, just added auto-drains at set levels that meant there were never and flooding hassles. this system used a lot of water, but that wasn't an issue at the location ... like you said ... the problem was the initial cost of the hydroton balls - once bought though ... easy to clean and lasted for donkeys. learnt the hard way that the cheaper clay balls took forever to get rid of the red dust.

that was a while ago though ... lol ... now i just grow one plant at a time. :)

also used nft channels coop. very fast systems ... just need the right strain and set it up like a sog - not much veg time. but they were a nightmare to clean and maintain.

Edited by pug1010

I've had the same question. About 1 litre of H&G coco nutes left. Planning to go full perlite recirc when that runs out.

Should I be getting the hydro nutes for a just perlite (maybe a bit of verm) setup?

MLG

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

I'm using h&g (house and garden, pedro) coco nutes at the moment mlg, and they are fine.. Up to you matey

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app