THC oil vs Dried Flower

usernameisalwaystaken21

Question

I've recently been prescribed thc oil after over a decade of smoking bud, mostly for recreational purposes but also for the medicinal benefits. It is Champlain, THC 20.90MG and although I prescribed 0.1 ml per dose, I take 0.9.

I've noticed it does take the edge off pain, but I dont get high from it, or have a pleasant buzz as I do with bud. Its more of a dazed, strange feeling.

I'm new to getting it legally and would like to switch from the oil to the bud but do not know how to ask or the right time to ask to switch. Does anyone on here get an actual high from the oil? If so, how much does one need to take?

Try this a drop of oil under the tongue the a veg matter and see what is taken into the system 1st the oil or the veg matter...

Ok. Thought you had some data maybe.

Potency yes, of course oil can be more potent, it can be concentrated.

Your example isn't apples with apples though. The only way to compare the 2 is via consumption and processing through the digestive system.

You can't place herb under your tongue and for all intensive purposes, you can't smoke oil.

So, for most us, who work on dosage we're probably comfortable with physically and financially, the most bang for your buck might be to consume decarb'd dry herb.

Oil will be faster, but UP TO 30% of your original content will be left on and in the plant material. (I'll try find the ref)

I can't afford to let any go, others may be in better positions.

Some are suggesting you mix your dosage with oil to assist in uptake, but there is again, no evidence to support this is a factual statement from what I've seen.

More research and discussion required.

As usual. [emoji23]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

A THC infused oil for the most part dose not have to broken down in the soup that is in  our gut for the body take in what it needs with anything veg matter it takes time for the acids to do there thing to brake it down so the body can take it in if i am wrong so be it, i have trial and error from doing that an oil based will be taken into to the system a lot better than a veg one.

In the end it comes down to the path u have traveled and the experience you have gained along the way, it is diffrent for us all...

Edited by Ozzy420

The hash I have had, was never as good as buds I've smoked. I got stoned, sure, but not hammered like a couple of cones of good bud.

Has been a long time since I have even heard of hash being available around my area, but then again I don't hang out with that crowd anymore.

DEF,s I wish I could roast you up a dab. I'm not sure how to describe the rush. Main lining near pure THC? It's special and easy to make :)

Sounds awesome man.