THC oil vs Dried Flower

usernameisalwaystaken21

Question

I've recently been prescribed thc oil after over a decade of smoking bud, mostly for recreational purposes but also for the medicinal benefits. It is Champlain, THC 20.90MG and although I prescribed 0.1 ml per dose, I take 0.9.

I've noticed it does take the edge off pain, but I dont get high from it, or have a pleasant buzz as I do with bud. Its more of a dazed, strange feeling.

I'm new to getting it legally and would like to switch from the oil to the bud but do not know how to ask or the right time to ask to switch. Does anyone on here get an actual high from the oil? If so, how much does one need to take?

Way more potent to smoke the flower. With glycerine/weed glycerite, only so much material can be absorbed into the glycerite so you will end up having to vape a tonne just to get a buzz on.

Not to mention it's a great way to destroy cartridges/elements at alarming rate.

Even making oil doesn't yield as higher results as taking the raw plant.

I think smoking a decarb'd flower is the most efficient and potent way to get it into your body.

I will smoke in the evening to get nice quick intense highs, then I will take a gelatine capsule full of ground decarb'd flower before bed which gives me an all night deep sleep.

No oil or glycerine has ever come close.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The thing a lot of people miss and dont understand, cannabis in  all its forms effects us all diffrent ways like a pharma med will.

It can be a lot or trial and error to find the rite mix that suits you for your ailment.

Oil if done rite will always be more potent than the flower, where u will need 2 cones to get a nice hit a dab of oil the about the size of a grain of rice will feel more like 4 cones and when takes as an eat a lot less is needed to get same effect as as you would get from decarbed bud...

• Upvote 4

The pharma oil from Canada MUST, by canadian law, be diluted to a set quantifiable strength of CBD and/or THC. The Capilano Oil is 10.5mg/ml THC and 12.9mg/ml CBD.

The oil it is diluted with is MCT oil or medium chain triglyceride and is a digestible oil but it can't be safely smoked. Being a digested oil the effect is totally different in comparison to smoking.

I must agree with Ozzy  "It can be a lot or trial and error to find the rite mix that suits you for your ailment."

I was prescribed the oil and yes there was an effect but it took some hours to obtain the full effect. What I need is something that takes effect NOW!!! not in 2 hours. I spoke to the prescribing Dr and changed the medication to the dry flower or flos (as they call it).  The company that grow it is called Bedrocan. The dry flower itself is also called Bedrocan, but upon some investigation I've found it's strain is in fact 'sativa L. Alfina' which, with a little more investigation is a strain of 'Jack Herer'. It's imported from Holland by Bedrocan Australia.

So for me I've established that I need the flower over the oil to get the medicinal benefits I require.

Merl1n

My poor word choices made my point confusing and technically wrong. Sorry.

Because I am a regular user (everyday) I have established regular sellers and the cond of the weed is consistent for the most part.

So, what I do is set dosage based on what I need. I've been at a pretty consistent dose for a while now so I know that using the same amount per day, an Oz for eg will last me 30 days. Give or take.

When I've made oil in the past, I've always been left with a decent amount of material left. And this material, used in some choccy edibles always yields results. This tells me there's still quite a bit of content that doesn't make it to the oil.

When I decarb and eat straight ground up flower, I must be getting close to all of that converted thc as opposed to only what can be dissolved in the oil.

So yes, oil is definitely more potent, but perhaps eating all of the bud is still the way to get max dosage.

My theories and xp could be isolated though.

Thoughts?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk