THC oil vs Dried Flower

usernameisalwaystaken21

Question

I've recently been prescribed thc oil after over a decade of smoking bud, mostly for recreational purposes but also for the medicinal benefits. It is Champlain, THC 20.90MG and although I prescribed 0.1 ml per dose, I take 0.9.

I've noticed it does take the edge off pain, but I dont get high from it, or have a pleasant buzz as I do with bud. Its more of a dazed, strange feeling.

I'm new to getting it legally and would like to switch from the oil to the bud but do not know how to ask or the right time to ask to switch. Does anyone on here get an actual high from the oil? If so, how much does one need to take?

I've recently been prescribed thc oil after over a decade of smoking bud, mostly for recreational purposes but also for the medicinal benefits. It is Champlain, THC 20.90MG and although I prescribed 0.1 ml per dose, I take 0.9.

I've noticed it does take the edge off pain, but I dont get high from it, or have a pleasant buzz as I do with bud. Its more of a dazed, strange feeling.

I'm new to getting it legally and would like to switch from the oil to the bud but do not know how to ask or the right time to ask to switch. Does anyone on here get an actual high from the oil? If so, how much does one need to take?

10ml should do it..

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

So kloud,my maths may be wrong but u just told him up his dose 1000% (I think Some one correct me please if I'm wrong)

These are serious questions that need a educated answer

To be honest I don't think too many ppl here actually get it from script so a accurate answer might be hard to find

Hoping I'm wrong,on the other hand these a few that MIGHT actually know how to help

• Upvote 3

So kloud,my maths may be wrong but u just told him up his dose 1000% (I think Some one correct me please if I'm wrong)

These are serious questions that need a educated answer

To be honest I don't think too many ppl here actually get it from script so a accurate answer might be hard to find

Hoping I'm wrong,on the other hand these a few that MIGHT actually know how to help

Micmac you've told us before that 10ml get your socks off, is what u said .. ?

Edited by kloud9

I think I remember now,I WAS talking about something totally different

I WAS referring to the alcohol tincture I made,not OIL!

You got to stop jumping on every thread and certainly don't quote me in a manner that could cause harm to someone, psychological or physical

Ok sorry.

Hey Usernameisalwaystaken,

I too am using a prescribed oil by the same manufacturer Aphria, called Capilano.

You are not going to get the same high from the oil orally as you do from smoking. The metabolical processes of smoking green and oral absorption are completely different. Oral absorption is more like eating a cookie than smoking, so there is not going to be the same effect as having a cone. Presently, here in Oz, I do not believe GVM (Green Vegetable Matter) has been approved. The govt/TGA have approved the oils as they have a scientific ratio of active ingredient, THC and/or CBD. GVM does not have such measurable ratios as every plant and every grow is different. Also the oils presently prescribed do not contain the whole range of differing cannabinoids that GVM has. That range of differing cannabinoids interact with each other in what is known as the 'Entourage Effect', this effect is cancelled out using the prescribed oil as it only contains the 2 components, CBD and/or THC.

Homemade oils and tinctures have the full range of cannabinoids depending on the raw product the oils are made with, so the effect will be vastly different from the highly refined pharma product. Expecting a similar effect from the pharma products is impossible IMO. The Champlain Oil has a high(er) THC level (around 21mg/ml THC) but a minimal CBD content (around 0.7mg/ml) and this will minimise the entourage effect between these 2 components. The Capilano oil is more balanced oil with a THC level (around 10mg/ml THC) and a CBD content (around 13 mg/ml) and yes, I have upped the dose to test the effect and yes, I do receive a 'buzz' but again, it is not the same as smoking a cone.

Inhalation of burnt vegetable matter (smoking) in any form is HIGHLY frowned upon by the medical fraternity, although Aphria does state in their paperwork that for immediate effect vaporising GVM is an option. So, again IMO, I doubt the govt/AMA nor the TGA will 'officially' approve the use of GVM as a medication anytime soon.

Merl1n 

IMO, I doubt the govt/AMA nor the TGA will 'officially' approve the use of GVM as a medication anytime soon.

Merl1n 

I know I'm banging a drum few are listening to but as I said in another thread....

It's no surprise Australia is getting Pharm only cannabis really because that is what has been fought for by the majority and is now being accepted as a positive step by many.  :(

In Dec of 2015 the Medical Cannabis Advisory Group Queensland and patients successfully lobbied the QLD Gov. and got state law changes made to access - cannabis access and supply comes under state law - allowing any registered medical practitioner in QLD to prescribe cannabis medicine in any form and for any reason they believed it was of a medical use. A legal local supply was still an issue though which those with a business interest saw as an opportunity to cash in on and many pro cannabis groups and patients interpreted to mean the changes were just about big pharm wanting to import their products unfortunately which could not have been further from the truth and they chose not to back the changes.

Since then those laws have all been changed again and a federal TGA system that allows ONLY pharm cannabis has been put in place instead. This is wholly and solely because it was not just those with a vested business or research grant interest (which was always to be expected) but also the majority of the members of the Australian cannabis community supposedly fighting for the patients such as Nimbin Hemp Embassy, Mullaway's Medical Cannabis P/L, MCUA Inc., Lucy Haslam (United in compassion Inc.), Steve Dickson, Barry Lambert and a list of many others who have all jumped on the 'cash cow' band wagon and lobbied the government for a regulated TGA pharm cannabis system just to allow them to get a license to sell you cannabis. Ironically many of these people wanting to 'cash in' are now complaining they are now also cut out of the big pharm system we have now and some are moving back to fighting for the patients again instead of business interest thank goodness.

End of the day in other parts of the world like America etc. it was the patients who fought for access and won not business. Business were the Johnny come latelys which is why its not been monopolised to just big pharm cannabis there.

In Australia it's all being left to business to fight so its big pharm winning the fight. Australians need to get smarter and stop backing the businesses and those with a vested profit interest and need to get back to fighting for and backing the patients over business or nothing will change ever.

Don't be so fast to blame the gov...this is just the system that was asked for by the majority of business and cannabis lobby groups in Australia. The gov made it legal in Qld at the end of 2015 in all forms including raw bud. It was Australian companies and lobby groups that asked for those laws to be changed not the gov.

FFS even groups like the Nimbin Hemp Embassy, Mullaways Medical Cannabis, United in Compassion Inc. etc. have repeatedly over many years specifically asked the gov to NOT allow home growing in their gov submissions etc in preference for the system we have now in the belief it would give them a license to grow and sell you cannabis. It's not about the patients, Its not about gov greed its about too many in the Australian cannabis community just trying to get their finger in the pie.

• Upvote 5