• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
International Cannabis Cultivation Questionnaire
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment

Photo

THC oil vs Dried Flower

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

usernameisalwaystaken21

usernameisalwaystaken21

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 10 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Heads:None

I've recently been prescribed thc oil after over a decade of smoking bud, mostly for recreational purposes but also for the medicinal benefits. It is Champlain, THC 20.90MG and although I prescribed 0.1 ml per dose, I take 0.9.

I've noticed it does take the edge off pain, but I dont get high from it, or have a pleasant buzz as I do with bud. Its more of a dazed, strange feeling.

I'm new to getting it legally and would like to switch from the oil to the bud but do not know how to ask or the right time to ask to switch. Does anyone on here get an actual high from the oil? If so, how much does one need to take?

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

kloud9

kloud9

Drug War Veteran

• Members
  • 7133 Posts:
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: sun

I've recently been prescribed thc oil after over a decade of smoking bud, mostly for recreational purposes but also for the medicinal benefits. It is Champlain, THC 20.90MG and although I prescribed 0.1 ml per dose, I take 0.9.

I've noticed it does take the edge off pain, but I dont get high from it, or have a pleasant buzz as I do with bud. Its more of a dazed, strange feeling.

I'm new to getting it legally and would like to switch from the oil to the bud but do not know how to ask or the right time to ask to switch. Does anyone on here get an actual high from the oil? If so, how much does one need to take?

10ml should do it..

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

micmac

micmac

Drug War Veteran

• Members
  • 8095 Posts:
So kloud,my maths may be wrong but u just told him up his dose 1000% (I think Some one correct me please if I'm wrong)
These are serious questions that need a educated answer
To be honest I don't think too many ppl here actually get it from script so a accurate answer might be hard to find
Hoping I'm wrong,on the other hand these a few that MIGHT actually know how to help

kloud9

kloud9

Drug War Veteran

• Members
  • 7133 Posts:

So kloud,my maths may be wrong but u just told him up his dose 1000% (I think Some one correct me please if I'm wrong)
These are serious questions that need a educated answer
To be honest I don't think too many ppl here actually get it from script so a accurate answer might be hard to find
Hoping I'm wrong,on the other hand these a few that MIGHT actually know how to help

Micmac you've told us before that 10ml get your socks off, is what u said .. ?

Edited by kloud9, 15 August 2019 - 04:14 PM.

micmac

micmac

Drug War Veteran

• Members
  • 8095 Posts:

Micmac you've told us before that 10ml get your socks off, is what u said .. ?

I would have been talking about something totally different IF I did

kloud9

kloud9

Drug War Veteran

• Members
  • 7133 Posts:

I would have been talking about something totally different IF I did

Ok my bad, your green Dragon oil , you got me onto how to make it in the magic butter machine. Same or similar oil right ?

micmac

micmac

Drug War Veteran

• Members
  • 8095 Posts:
I think I remember now,I WAS talking about something totally different
I WAS referring to the alcohol tincture I made,not OIL!
You got to stop jumping on every thread and certainly don't quote me in a manner that could cause harm to someone, psychological or physical

kloud9

kloud9

Drug War Veteran

• Members
  • 7133 Posts:

I think I remember now,I WAS talking about something totally different
I WAS referring to the alcohol tincture I made,not OIL!
You got to stop jumping on every thread and certainly don't quote me in a manner that could cause harm to someone, psychological or physical

Ok sorry.

micmac

micmac

Drug War Veteran

• Members
  • 8095 Posts:
Ok

merl1n

merl1n

Hashin it up

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3184 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
  • Fav. Lighting: 4x600 HPS

Hey Usernameisalwaystaken,

I too am using a prescribed oil by the same manufacturer Aphria, called Capilano.

You are not going to get the same high from the oil orally as you do from smoking. The metabolical processes of smoking green and oral absorption are completely different. Oral absorption is more like eating a cookie than smoking, so there is not going to be the same effect as having a cone. Presently, here in Oz, I do not believe GVM (Green Vegetable Matter) has been approved. The govt/TGA have approved the oils as they have a scientific ratio of active ingredient, THC and/or CBD. GVM does not have such measurable ratios as every plant and every grow is different. Also the oils presently prescribed do not contain the whole range of differing cannabinoids that GVM has. That range of differing cannabinoids interact with each other in what is known as the 'Entourage Effect', this effect is cancelled out using the prescribed oil as it only contains the 2 components, CBD and/or THC.

Homemade oils and tinctures have the full range of cannabinoids depending on the raw product the oils are made with, so the effect will be vastly different from the highly refined pharma product. Expecting a similar effect from the pharma products is impossible IMO. The Champlain Oil has a high(er) THC level (around 21mg/ml THC) but a minimal CBD content (around 0.7mg/ml) and this will minimise the entourage effect between these 2 components. The Capilano oil is more balanced oil with a THC level (around 10mg/ml THC) and a CBD content (around 13 mg/ml) and yes, I have upped the dose to test the effect and yes, I do receive a 'buzz' but again, it is not the same as smoking a cone.

Inhalation of burnt vegetable matter (smoking) in any form is HIGHLY frowned upon by the medical fraternity, although Aphria does state in their paperwork that for immediate effect vaporising GVM is an option. So, again IMO, I doubt the govt/AMA nor the TGA will 'officially' approve the use of GVM as a medication anytime soon.

Merl1n 

There's only one way I get my 'greens'

and it ain't by eating them

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---account If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who Died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\---Or who may be suffering from it
survivors too..god bless em
More compassion in this world is what we need!

Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds
International Cannabis Cultivation Questionnaire
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.