Do t ou start counting the days in flower from when you start 12/12 or

If you are only new to  the growing game, until you start to get an understanding of the plants life cycle it is most easy to start the count from when you turn to 12/12.

As time goes on when timing is rite once you turn to 12/12 with in a day or 2 you will start to see pre flowers, in the end it comes down to how you like to do things your way as you can see form the diffrent replies we work out what works for us the best and u will find your grove as well...

• Upvote 1

just another opinion

yeah i say from flip as well but also consider the breeders flower time a guide not absolute , although it could be 

i also think you can see flowering start reasonably quickly , stems get all spiky post-50689-0-66898000-1565834180_thumb.png see the lill leaf spikes , they seem to become more noticeable after flip along the stem  

but i'd also say , no use looking at triscombe heads b4 seeing bud calyx's filling out first post-50689-0-70087200-1565834227_thumb.png these are where seeds would normally be when pollinated ( bit of fox tail on bud )

Calyx is the bud itself. It consists of small sugar leaves, nodules, and pistils. Calyxes come in different sizes,

colors and shapes depending on the strain. Typically, the calyx is covered by trichomes. This is a key part of

the flower concerning cannabis consumption, since most of the cannabinoids are located here.

both pics are random google search pics not my own 

Edited by itchybromusic
  • Upvote 1

Why bother counting at all,it's finished when you say it is finished ,whether it's been 8 weeks or 10 weeks etc

Until I came on this site I would look at it and say hmmm looks like we're going into flower

Never bothered to count,a rough estimate is all u can give anyway, so if they went into flower mid February I knew they be ready mid to late April

Then it's was simply a matter of checking from April

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 1

Why bother counting at all,it's finished when you say it is finished ,whether it's been 8 weeks or 10 weeks etc

Until I came on this site I would look at it and say hmmm looks like we're going into flower

Never bothered to count,a rough estimate is all u can give anyway, so if they went into flower mid February I knew they be ready mid to late April

Then it's was simply a matter of checking from April

May not be of interest to you Micmac but I'm sure others would appreciate an estimated timeline for their own benefit. Which I can only assume is why breeders would bother providing the info to begin with...
  • Upvote 1

1 veg room, 1 flower room. Need to make some rough estimates to move plants in and out of rooms.

May not be of interest to you Micmac but I'm sure others would appreciate an estimated timeline for their own benefit. Which I can only assume is why breeders would bother providing the info to begin with...

• Upvote 1

Exactly rough estimates

The point I'm making is you can't put a clock on them and say,it's been 10 weeks since I flipped,they should be ready

Too many variables to consider, what they think is ready might not be for you or vice versa

I too have 2 rooms with plants at various stages ,a flower room 15 days since flip so I understand what u are saying but weed is a fickle thing and has a mind to do what it wants sometimes so even the best laid plans

My early days with indoors seen a handful runs pulled early due schedule commitments that were based on chuckers recommended budding times. When you got a veg cab bulging at the seams, and bud run with a few weeks from finishing up, something has got to give. :D

Hint to noobs., Whatever a chucker recommends in regards to flowering. Take that information and chuck it to the shithouse.