Do t ou start counting the days in flower from when you start 12/12 or

This question has been done to death here. Depends on why you're asking. If you're on a veg/flower room rotation from 12/12 is the easiest to calculate. You flip the switch and mark the days till harvest then repeat with that in mind. The actual flowering of the plant happens a couple of weeks after the flip to 12/12 so is variable for different strains so you need to keep an eye on things.

For me, I keep it simple, from 12/12 and mark the calender and countdown until harvest.

MLG

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Here we go again lol 

The flowering process begins the moment you flip the lights to 12/12, the plant thinks winter is coming

so has a rapid growth spurt in readiness for the LARGE buds it will carry 

the early flowering phase is also known as "stretch" phase

A lot of  :censored: these days don't count the 'stretch phase" as part of flowering

but they are wrong and Pedro is right lol lol

:pokey:  :popcorn:

I wait until I see the buds forming, which is usually about 7-10 days after the flip. 

I just use it as a rough guide to know where they could be at. After about week 6, I start looking at the trics and go from there. I never worry too much about the days, they're ready when they're ready.

*hand up* Another one here that goes from change of light cycle. Majority here have been doing it that way for years, and I'd guess we've been doing it that way to keep it simple. Yes it may take 10-14 days to show signs, but anyone that's been growing indoors long enough would already know that.

Need a fucking poll for this thread. Is the poll function broken these days?

Edited by Indycar
  • Upvote 1