• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Hy-Gen Sea Essentials Unique Blend of Sea Plants
OZ Stoners 710 Oil Vapour Pen Kit

Photo

Monster Bud or Mouldy Disaster?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

midlifegardner

midlifegardner

Couch Locked

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1047 Posts:
I'm in week 3 of flower. I've got a strange cola where it seems 2 stems have welded together. I've been pretty ruthless throughout veg doing a lot of pinching up and down all stems and topping twice. It seems to now be a cluster of 4 tops very close together with the stem as an oval shape. Could be I fimmed rather than topped which caused this. My space runs pretty humid at times from about 50 to 85 I've seen so I'm always worried about mould.

Chop the top bit now in week 3 or let it ride and keep an eye on mould?
Attached File  IMG_20190814_065051.jpeg   93.07K   18 downloadsAttached File  IMG_20190814_065152.jpeg   76.88K   14 downloads

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

itchybromusic

itchybromusic

Lfdjhbkma...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3968 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic

from wiki

Fasciation (pronounced /ˌfæʃiˈʃən/, from the Latin root meaning "band" or "stripe"), also known as cresting, is a relatively rare condition of abnormal growth in vascular plants in which the apical meristem (growing tip), which normally is concentrated around a single point and produces approximately cylindrical tissue, instead becomes elongated perpendicularly to the direction of growth, thus producing flattened, ribbon-like, crested (or "cristate"), or elaborately contorted, tissue.[1] Fasciation may also cause plant parts to increase in weight and volume in some instances.[2] The phenomenon may occur in the stemrootfruit, or flower head. Some plants are grown and prized aesthetically for their development of fasciation.[3] Any occurrence of fasciation has several possible causes, including hormonalgeneticbacterialfungalviral and environmental causes. 

Edited by itchybromusic, 14 August 2019 - 07:45 AM.

Serrated edge

Serrated edge

Drug War Veteran

• Members
  • 5934 Posts:
  • Interests:Weed and mates
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads)
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
  • Fav. Lighting: All
sounds like flat stem ..probably that stem will yield less than it could have.

midlifegardner

midlifegardner

Couch Locked

• Members
  • 1047 Posts:
Great info itchy. So in week 3 of flower like I am now, what would you do? Leave it or chop?

from wiki

Fasciation (pronounced /ˌfæʃiˈeɪʃən/, from the Latin root meaning "band" or "stripe"), also known as cresting, is a relatively rare condition of abnormal growth in vascular plants in which the apical meristem (growing tip), which normally is concentrated around a single point and produces approximately cylindrical tissue, instead becomes elongated perpendicularly to the direction of growth, thus producing flattened, ribbon-like, crested (or "cristate"), or elaborately contorted, tissue.[1] Fasciation may also cause plant parts to increase in weight and volume in some instances.[2] The phenomenon may occur in the stem, root, fruit, or flower head. Some plants are grown and prized aesthetically for their development of fasciation.[3] Any occurrence of fasciation has several possible causes, including hormonal, genetic, bacterial, fungal, viral and environmental causes.

midlifegardner

midlifegardner

Couch Locked

• Members
  • 1047 Posts:
Thanks SE. You're speaking from experience with your comment regards to yeild? I'm just trying to decide whether to let it ride or chop it now?

sounds like flat stem ..probably that stem will yield less than it could have.

Porky 1982

Porky 1982

Lfdjhbkma...

• Members
  • 3255 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational
Ide leave it and keep an eye on it.

pedro de pacas

pedro de pacas

tnuc

• Members
  • 10626 Posts:
  • Interests:maryjane
  • Cannabis Use:Hemp/Fibre
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish, Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Lighting: fire lighter
  • Fav. Nutrients:alcohol

Seems to be getting more common, starting to see them everywhere 

Serrated edge

Serrated edge

Drug War Veteran

• Members
  • 5934 Posts:
  • Interests:Weed and mates
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads)
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
  • Fav. Lighting: All
I've had a couple ,shouldnt be a worry ,,mine didn't get mould.

itchybromusic

itchybromusic

Lfdjhbkma...

• Members
  • 3968 Posts:

like porky i'd prob leave it , but it's your call 

& like SE i've had them in the past & never had an issue 

midlifegardner

midlifegardner

Couch Locked

• Members
  • 1047 Posts:
Cheers everyone. I'll keep it just for curiosity and update here. My amateur opinion is that the thicker the stem the more energy it can deliver to the buds. I could be wrong and there are other factors at play.

Hy-Gen Budlink Ultimate Liquid Silica
Mars Hydro Store - LED Lighting and Grow Tents - Hydroponics
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.