Small photoperiod strain information/review

g’day all :)

i was hoping to get information from growers that have grown photoperiod cannabis strains that are typically small in height. In this case, any plant that can be easily grown that finished up less than 1m in height. there are many talented ozstoner growers that utilise scrog and super cropping techniques, however in this situation … i was hoping to get information about strains that typically grow under 1 metre when topped once/twice, by using LST, or preferably … without any training.

to start things off …

Strain:                     Afghani#1
Breeder:                  Sensi Seeds

Seed Type:              regular
Type:                       95% indica
Training used:         a variety, but current grow: topped twice and simple LST
Strain Experience:  grown over 5 times
Max Height:            current grow 65 cm - but usually around 80-100cm
Max Width:             current grow and typically 80cm
Max Depth:             60cm
Seedling/Veg time: 50 days
Flower Time:          64 days (from changing to 12/12) & 52 days from first top bud pistils
Total time:              114 days
Lights used:           during seedling & veg - 13w to 80w of philips household LEDs @ 6500k (80 cri)
                              during flower - 1 x 315w philips cmh @ 3100k (92 cri)
Growing Medium:  no-till LOS in 56L fabric pots using approx 42L of soil
Ease of Grow:        painless and peaceful :)
Grow comments:   a longer veg time than normal due to space restrictions. a lot longer time to show pistils than normal.

started in a jiffy pellet, transplanted to 10cm soil pot and the transplanted into final 56L pot.
Effect:                     very relaxing, physical and mental strain. good for musco-skeletal pain relief and stress - little to no munchies.                 

normal onset of happiness, peacefulness, thoughtfulness (and at times euphoria and talkativeness) - no couch lock.

Smell:                     delicious spiciness with a hint of pine. good amount of aroma, but easily manageable with a carbon filter
Partaking method:  volcano vaporiser classic - 1st @ 180 C, 2nd @ 185 C and sometimes 3rd @ 190
Would grow again? definitely … one of my favs for growing and vaping

please don’t feel confined by the categories above - i sometimes get a little carried away … any information in any format is appreciated. :)

post-14354-0-29714000-1564888808_thumb.jpg

Edited by pug1010

I did a couple critical gorilla’s from expert seeds last year, they were bloody amazing let’s see if I can follow your structure.

Strain: critical gorilla

Breeder: expert seeds

Type: 90% indica

Sex: female

Training: topped at 6th nod

Strain experience: First experience with it

Max height: 90-100cm

Max width: 90-100cm

Lights: the sun (hope it still qualifies)

seed/veg time: cracked seed 20th September

Flower time: end of jan 2019 till end April

Grow medium: equal parts potting mix worm casting coco and perlite.

Ease of grow: My easiest so far

Grow comment: strongest seeds I’ve come across, at 45 cm tall was already 60cm wide, grew to a perfect structure without much help at all

Effect: bad very bad. Definitely not a day time need to function strain. Extreme couch lock, liked it very much.

Would I grow again: yes have some in now going to do an inside run see if I can make some femme seeds

post-65308-1564891477_thumb.pngpost-65308-156489148921_thumb.pngpost-65308-156489149923_thumb.png

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Edited by Postman pat

I’ve no photos of her alive sorry

Thanks heaps Postman P ... nice one mate :)

looking at those nuggets of joy ... she must have been a beauty. :)

sounds (and looks) like an excellent strain to grow for a nice chillll night. wow ... so wide.

how was the smell mate ... was there much aroma?

forgot to mention ... that the affie smells, but not ridiculously strong  (love the edit function ... put the smell info back in the first post as well as the seed type and indica % - thx for that mate)

will definitely keep my eye out for your critical gorilla indoor grow. :)

no worries with outdoor - sun is always best ... will be interesting to compare size with your indoor grow.

Edited by pug1010

I’m only going to grow in a small cupboard to try get more seed mate, might put a couple picks up if it works. Think I’ve about 8 strains in the veg tent at the moment not sure which will be next. She was pretty good smell wise for the most part, we had a couple really dry weeks she seemed to get pretty pungent though that time but was good again after a decent rain.

• Upvote 1

I'm general most indica dominant strains can stay short. To make sure they stay squat use different types of training and when you switch to 12/12 keep using your veg light whatever that may be (mh or led) and keep the light real close.

Check out my current diary. Some aurora indica and vegged for about 8 weeks. Currently in day 10 or so of flip. Will be nowhere near 1m when finished

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

I'm general most indica dominant strains can stay short. To make sure they stay squat use different types of training and when you switch to 12/12 keep using your veg light whatever that may be (mh or led) and keep the light real close.

Check out my current diary. Some aurora indica and vegged for about 8 weeks. Currently in day 10 or so of flip. Will be nowhere near 1m when finished

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

thanks mlg ... good advice mate.

like your defol technique in your aurora indica grow ... very nice.:)

looking forward to seeing them as they progress.