Ph level

What ph level does everyone recomend, I’m using advanced nutrients micro,grow & bloom which is made specifically for the plants but I’m getting a reading of around 4.7 and I’ve been told 6.8 is the go, should I raise the ph of my solution or keep it as recommended as its cup winning nutrients, cheers

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Hey Fnq,

Your pH is real important as your plant can only use nutes within a narrow band too high or too low and you get whats known as nute 'lock out'

Here's a chart which shows the optimum range

post-24238-0-45767200-1564873126_thumb.jpg

As for your "...cup winning nutrients..." that's an advertising ploy. Don't be holding too much faith in such statements

Edited by merl1n
  • Upvote 1

Hey Fnq,

Your pH is real important as your plant can only use nutes within a narrow band too high or too low and you get whats known as nute 'lock out'

Here's a chart which shows the optimum range

attachicon.gifpH Levels.jpg

As for your "...

cup winning nutrients..." that's an advertising ploy. Don't be holding too much faith in such statements

That’s an awesome chart Merlin I’ll use that

I am using Reizeger which recommends a range of 5.2 to 5.7 ,so I lower mine to 5.2 and then let it go until it reaches 5.8. Should I be letting it go through to 6.1 before adjusting?

5.8 or 6.1 not much difference really, so no big deal.

As long as the pH down doesn't start accumulating and head towards 4. 

Bufo, I thought you were dead lol. I use to argue with you and nibbler long ago.

Did I win?  :P

If it was regarding auto's and LED's you no doubt deserved it....... just kidding, thanks for saying hello cooper  :peace:

Nibbler I could understand, but not bufo.. :)

I reckon!

Hehehe Indy  :good:

• Upvote 1

Yes as pointed out above around 5.7ish is a good spot to aim for.

If you're down in the 4's it sounds like there's too much pH down getting added. I'm guessing you're setting your pH before adding your nutrient, which is fine, and actually the best way to mix nutrient, just add a bit less.

Hi there,

For my circumstance, I found out that I need more PH down added if I add the nute to first. I aimed @ 5.8 during veggies and 6.1-6.2 during flowering, and my water PH is 7.5.