Major defoliation

Hey everyone just want to ask a question about a lot of pics I've seen throughout the forum of plants that are obviously right before harvest. Seems many people trim pretty much every leaf off leaving just bud and the plant still intact. Is this to harden the buds? Or perhaps to focus the last of its energy into bud size? A lot of mixed info on this going around and would like a straight answer as to why I've seen it so much thanks guys!

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

I'm talking 0 leaves on the plant I am aware of general defol have just seen a lot of pics of people's plants on here like that. Can't find the tutorial either any links mate ? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Never mind found it on google haha

I don't know of a method which removes leaves a few weeks before harvest. There are several named techniques like schwazzing which are done in the first few weeks of flower though.

Perhaps it's just for the pics before harvest and no real other benefit?!

I'm talking 0 leaves on the plant I am aware of general defol have just seen a lot of pics of people's plants on here like that. Can't find the tutorial either any links mate ? Thanks

Never mind found it on google haha

I don't know of a method which removes leaves a few weeks before harvest. There are several named techniques like schwazzing which are done in the first few weeks of flower though.

Perhaps it's just for the pics before harvest and no real other benefit?!

that's what I'm beginning to think thanks everyone haha doh

Sounds like a huge wank to me, pull some fan leaves off fair enough, but some of the shit ya see is laughable 

and the results tell the story, or comic strip lol

its nothing new, the idea behind it has been around for a long time, thought it was stupid 30 years ago 

nothing I've seen has changed me mind

if you want light on ya popcorn buds down low, put the fuckers outside in the sun,

its better to trim the fuckers off and put the plants energies in the tops  

post-59916-0-44580300-1564483155_thumb.jpg