Hey Jim, different strains will require different ec, some can be hungry beasts and take a lot, others will show signs of not liking it if it's too much for them. Start low and go up from there to see where your plant likes it.

I've only grown in coco a couple times mate so no expert in any way, but I've never tested run off.. never had the need to, just another thing to second guess. Some people do and try to get a balance but I honestly don't see the point unless your having some issues

• Upvote 1

Yeah good point sooty - I’ve always used about 30-50% less than on the nute bottles and I’ve finally invested in a good quality wand and usually average around 1.2 -1.5

My mate works away and has just started his first grow in many many years and he asked me to pop over and check it for him as it’s his first swing away so making sure each reservoir lasts the week his away etc ... anyway I noticed his ec was at 1.9-2.2 and one of our other mates had said to run that high .. his in 2x 50L HyGen coco Perl mix feeding hygen nutes in 50L pots drain to waste under 400 hps in a 2.4 x 1.5 tent 2m high

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

I thought it was way too high... clones 2 weeks from!roots

Does sound high. Did they look like they were handling it?

I just went and checked my ec (first time I checked this current grow) and mine is sitting at 0.9, plant is nearly a month old.

Sounds like your mates are running full strength to what the bottle says. Tell em less is more lol

Whatever keeps em happy I guess

I’m no expert but was under the impression that you slowly ramp it up until tips start to show slight burn then back it down a point or 2. I’ve always stuck to 1-1.2 for run off in veg no matter the medium I was using, also probably wrong. But I would have thought an ec of 2 would have killed a clone

I’m no expert but was under the impression that you slowly ramp it up until tips start to show slight burn then back it down a point or 2. I’ve always stuck to 1-1.2 for run off in veg no matter the medium I was using, also probably wrong. But I would have thought an ec of 2 would have killed a clone

Test

Sorry sooty I should have clarified they were cut and rooted 2 weeks ago in beer pong cups and his had them in for just over a week so 3 weeks ....

Yeah they look okay at the moment I’m really surprised I just thought it was quite high myself and I told him to be careful of salt build up etc I just wasn’t sure if I was wrong or right ... spose watch the leaves and find out !

Thanks sooty+ pat