Planting clones outside

Up here in seq our light hours sort of suck, the hours are slowly increasing around 9mins a week but still under 11hours atm, I’ve only ever grown from seed outdoors and from late October, we still only get between 12-13 hours.

Moving clones outdoors! Do they need to be brought up on 13 hours of light to stay within there veg cycle? If started under 18/6 cycle would they be shocked into flowering even if shifting to over the 12hour mark? Probably answered on this forum somewhere but fuck me if I can find it.

I was thinking even if I start shifting them towards the 13 hours of light now that 15 min drop a week might start them flowering, then get stuck in a reveg limbo for god knows how long once they hit outdoor.

Tyia for any suggestions

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Edited by Postman pat

I've only ever grown indoors, but I never made the light hour change gradual. I just change the timer from being on for 18 hours to only being on for 12 hours, and changed my bulb.

AFAIK, that's what most, if not all indoor growers do.

My concern would actually be hardening them off more than fiddling with light timing.

Thx for the reply, see my problem is I don’t want them to flower I want them to grow like a seedling would and veg though to jan/feb, but I think like u said dropping them from 18 to 12-13 hours light would make them flower and I could deal with that but I’d say after a few weeks of the days getting gradually longer they will reveg wasting a lot of grow time. Getting them sun hardened shouldn’t be too much of a problem bit of shade cloth for a week or so should sort them out

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

I havnt but others have ,,it won't stress them even if they get twenty four hours light ,,they just stay in veg ,,

Little garden lights while they are small but you want to factor in how big they will be till sunlight hours are enough ,.might want different light setup when they get bigger,,,should have the potential for trees.

Thx for the reply, see my problem is I don’t want them to flower I want them to grow like a seedling would and veg though to jan/feb, but I think like u said dropping them from 18 to 12-13 hours light would make them flower and I could deal with that but I’d say after a few weeks of the days getting gradually longer they will reveg wasting a lot of grow time. Getting them sun hardened shouldn’t be too much of a problem bit of shade cloth for a week or so should sort them out

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Mea culpa. I misunderstood.

We have plants outside at the moment and quite a ways inland too. We just have a cfl sitting out there by the plants. They're TRYING to flower, but they are still growing. I've never seen anything like it, but I've never grown outdoors before.

I've been learning a lot from the master in the past few months. lol

Mea culpa. I misunderstood.

We have plants outside at the moment and quite a ways inland too. We just have a cfl sitting out there by the plants. They're TRYING to flower, but they are still growing. I've never seen anything like it, but I've never grown outdoors before.

I've been learning a lot from the master in the past few months. lol

Haha probably not u miss understanding, more that my brain does not relay what I want to say.

I live on stupid open plan acreage so I’ll probably get away with a couple solar lights around it but if I put a cfl or something similar I’d have the prick next door up in arms, live on 10000 square meters and have less privacy than we did living in town

Hehehehe. I do that a lot myself. I blurt out something towards the end of my internal train of thought and confuse people as they have nfi wtf I'm talking about.
I did it in a chat room the other day. I was cursing the flies in my head but said in public that I'm glad we have dung beetles in Au as I'd have lost my mind by now. After the confusion I said I was going mad over the flies already and it's only winter. >_<
I'm not used to this many flies. I'm lived in screen suburbia all my life but moved to the outback a few months ago.

It's a common aspy trait. I've not been diagnosed ASD but there's a family history, and I HAVE been diagnosed bipolar. It's not uncommon for females with ASD to be misdiagnosed as bipolar.
I'm not too concerned with being tested. I know my brain works differently and have learned how to operate within the system and society. I'm good at masking, aspy or not. lol
I have enough labels, I don't really want any more.

Aaaaanywaaaaay.....

As others have said, solar lights will work. You just need enough light to nuke the flowering hormones in the plants. It's the lack of light that causes particular hormones in the plants to increase which is what triggers flowering.

Good luck with it all!

:freak:

16hrs of more light per day, 24 hrs even [emoji106]

you will not go into flower, as some indica strain can start flower at 14-14.5 hrs of light , most Satvia normally around 12 hrs light. Changed now cause every man and his dog has an Satvia indica X strain.. let's say 12 -15 min, you'll have pre flower issues somewhere down the line..