Cannabis & Bi Polar

RaoulJuke

Question

As with every medication, it can vary from person to person. What might work for one (or some) to treat/manage a condition, mightn't work for others.

I remember one plant my housemate and I grew. To us it smelled rotting meat and was completely unsmokable. I gave some to a mate and his missus to try and they fucking loved it. It didn't smell the same to them and they thought it tasted great. They ended up getting all they we harvested from that plant. We killed the clones and got rid of those genetics in our garden.

I can't make any strain recommendations, although I found that Barney's Farm's LSD and Vision Seed's Amnesia worked great for *me*. Not just for my mental health but for all my ailments. The LSD was my morning/day smoke, the Amnesia for my evenings and before bed.
I have been diagnosed bipolar type II and suffer from chronic pain due to back issues. I have a bit of a laundry list of what's wrong with me, I'm generally just a bit of gimp. lol

I have found that most cannabis is effective at treating my ailments, particularly indica dominant hybrids. I'm yet to try a pure indica. I tried what I was told was a pure sativa once and it sent me loopy, more so than usual. I've tried some sati doms, they make me feel a little manic, but boy can I get shit done! If I can focus or have someone to keep focused that is.

You just have to find what works best for you through trial and error.
Getting feedback from other patients is a great start, but until you try a strain you won't know exactly what it will do for you.

There's a whole host of active ingredients in cannabis, each strain can have it's own unique profile. Even in a strain, you can get variations in the profile from pheno to pheno.

Best of luck with it!
:freak: Leni

• Upvote 1

As with every medication, it can vary from person to person. What might work for one (or some) to treat/manage a condition, mightn't work for others.

I remember one plant my housemate and I grew. To us it smelled rotting meat and was completely unsmokable. I gave some to a mate and his missus to try and they fucking loved it. It didn't smell the same to them and they thought it tasted great. They ended up getting all they we harvested from that plant. We killed the clones and got rid of those genetics in our garden.

I can't make any strain recommendations, although I found that Barney's Farm's LSD and Vision Seed's Amnesia worked great for *me*. Not just for my mental health but for all my ailments. The LSD was my morning/day smoke, the Amnesia for my evenings and before bed.

I have been diagnosed bipolar type II and suffer from chronic pain due to back issues. I have a bit of a laundry list of what's wrong with me, I'm generally just a bit of gimp. lol

I have found that most cannabis is effective at treating my ailments, particularly indica dominant hybrids. I'm yet to try a pure indica. I tried what I was told was a pure sativa once and it sent me loopy, more so than usual. I've tried some sati doms, they make me feel a little manic, but boy can I get shit done! If I can focus or have someone to keep focused that is.

You just have to find what works best for you through trial and error.

Getting feedback from other patients is a great start, but until you try a strain you won't know exactly what it will do for you.

There's a whole host of active ingredients in cannabis, each strain can have it's own unique profile. Even in a strain, you can get variations in the profile from pheno to pheno.

Best of luck with it!

:freak: Leni

Thanks Leni - i love pot but i am not currently a grower of my own, so i have been subjected to "whatever i can get". In terms of different strains, differences, etc  - i really have NFI. I'm late 30's so weed has always been a whatever i can score thing  - certainly not the boutique style craft you guys have got it down to. I've found that the stuff i do buy  really amps my manic periods & not in what i would call a "good way"....dare say its got other stuff going on in there which is not all that natural. Been wondering if i will have to give up the pass time. As you would know, the bi polar can be totally fucking exhausting and between juggling the up and downs - - just being able to clear your mind and enjoy the present moment  - its few and far between.

Wish they would just legalize the damn thing. Subjecting a population which is rife with mental health issues to buy 'whatever' off the street, as opposed to just letting them curate their experience to their personality and needs - just dumb!

Thanks for the advice. Need to start ASAP on talking my wife into the idea of me growing my own weed is actually more responsible - lol

• Upvote 1

The best thing would be to try and find out. Like a few have said it works for them. We all know different strains work on different problems with different people.

There is no one thing fit the same ailment for each person.

My neighbours son is Bi Polar. Without a high cbd strain he regularly ends up in jail or phyc wards.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk