• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Sol-Sense 315W Sol-Unit LEC Digital Ballst Kit
Hy-Gen Sea Essentials Unique Blend of Sea Plants

Photo

Cannabis & Bi Polar

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

RaoulJuke

RaoulJuke

Just Sprouting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational
  • Fav. Heads:None

Does anyone know  the impacts of cannabis with bi polar?  are there strains that are better for it than others?

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

Lenore

Lenore

Nevermore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1783 Posts:
  • Interests:Cannabis; Crochet; Gardening; Carnivory
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish, Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Heads:Bio-Organic

As with every medication, it can vary from person to person. What might work for one (or some) to treat/manage a condition, mightn't work for others.

I remember one plant my housemate and I grew. To us it smelled rotting meat and was completely unsmokable. I gave some to a mate and his missus to try and they fucking loved it. It didn't smell the same to them and they thought it tasted great. They ended up getting all they we harvested from that plant. We killed the clones and got rid of those genetics in our garden.

I can't make any strain recommendations, although I found that Barney's Farm's LSD and Vision Seed's Amnesia worked great for *me*. Not just for my mental health but for all my ailments. The LSD was my morning/day smoke, the Amnesia for my evenings and before bed.
I have been diagnosed bipolar type II and suffer from chronic pain due to back issues. I have a bit of a laundry list of what's wrong with me, I'm generally just a bit of gimp. lol

I have found that most cannabis is effective at treating my ailments, particularly indica dominant hybrids. I'm yet to try a pure indica. I tried what I was told was a pure sativa once and it sent me loopy, more so than usual. I've tried some sati doms, they make me feel a little manic, but boy can I get shit done! If I can focus or have someone to keep focused that is.

You just have to find what works best for you through trial and error.
Getting feedback from other patients is a great start, but until you try a strain you won't know exactly what it will do for you.

There's a whole host of active ingredients in cannabis, each strain can have it's own unique profile. Even in a strain, you can get variations in the profile from pheno to pheno.

Best of luck with it!
:freak: Leni

One for the rock, one for the crow,
One to die, and one to grow.

Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.

cv.png
GRC_Logo.png

cooper

cooper

Stoned

• Members
  • 742 Posts:
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads)
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
  • Fav. Lighting: HPS
  • Fav. Nutrients:Any hydro A+ B kits + Silica.
    I dont use magic additives

I suppose it also depents on the type of bi-polar. My wife is bi-polar, she loves pot and does not descriminate between strains. Not sure its very thereputic though, she claims it is :)

RaoulJuke

RaoulJuke

Just Sprouting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 Posts:

As with every medication, it can vary from person to person. What might work for one (or some) to treat/manage a condition, mightn't work for others.

I remember one plant my housemate and I grew. To us it smelled rotting meat and was completely unsmokable. I gave some to a mate and his missus to try and they fucking loved it. It didn't smell the same to them and they thought it tasted great. They ended up getting all they we harvested from that plant. We killed the clones and got rid of those genetics in our garden.

I can't make any strain recommendations, although I found that Barney's Farm's LSD and Vision Seed's Amnesia worked great for *me*. Not just for my mental health but for all my ailments. The LSD was my morning/day smoke, the Amnesia for my evenings and before bed.
I have been diagnosed bipolar type II and suffer from chronic pain due to back issues. I have a bit of a laundry list of what's wrong with me, I'm generally just a bit of gimp. lol

I have found that most cannabis is effective at treating my ailments, particularly indica dominant hybrids. I'm yet to try a pure indica. I tried what I was told was a pure sativa once and it sent me loopy, more so than usual. I've tried some sati doms, they make me feel a little manic, but boy can I get shit done! If I can focus or have someone to keep focused that is.

You just have to find what works best for you through trial and error.
Getting feedback from other patients is a great start, but until you try a strain you won't know exactly what it will do for you.

There's a whole host of active ingredients in cannabis, each strain can have it's own unique profile. Even in a strain, you can get variations in the profile from pheno to pheno.

Best of luck with it!
:freak: Leni

Thanks Leni - i love pot but i am not currently a grower of my own, so i have been subjected to "whatever i can get". In terms of different strains, differences, etc  - i really have NFI. I'm late 30's so weed has always been a whatever i can score thing  - certainly not the boutique style craft you guys have got it down to. I've found that the stuff i do buy  really amps my manic periods & not in what i would call a "good way"....dare say its got other stuff going on in there which is not all that natural. Been wondering if i will have to give up the pass time. As you would know, the bi polar can be totally fucking exhausting and between juggling the up and downs - - just being able to clear your mind and enjoy the present moment  - its few and far between.

Wish they would just legalize the damn thing. Subjecting a population which is rife with mental health issues to buy 'whatever' off the street, as opposed to just letting them curate their experience to their personality and needs - just dumb!

Thanks for the advice. Need to start ASAP on talking my wife into the idea of me growing my own weed is actually more responsible - lol

Lenore

Lenore

Nevermore

• Members
  • 1783 Posts:
  • Interests:Cannabis; Crochet; Gardening; Carnivory
  • Fav. Heads:Bio-Organic

You gotta get your grow on! You won't regret it.

:freak:

FozzterW

FozzterW

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:None

I just wonder about how ok would it bee to eat CBD gummies instead of ordinary cbd oil.

Have you tried gummies?

merl1n

merl1n

Hashin it up

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2735 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
  • Fav. Lighting: 4x600 HPS

CBD oil is likely to have a much higher concentration of active ingredient vs gummies, depending on the source of both

There's only one way I get my 'greens'

and it ain't by eating them

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---account If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who Died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\---Or who may be suffering from it
survivors too..god bless em
More compassion in this world is what we need!

FozzterW

FozzterW

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:None

merl1n, okay what can you say about the bath bombs? Like over here (https://purekana.com/collections/), they offer their customers bath bombs, and I heard a lot of positive reviews about these bath things. Have you tried it? Do you think it's safe enough to try it out? I mean all the chemical dangers... or is it 100 % natural thing?

pedro de pacas

pedro de pacas

tnuc

• Members
  • 10626 Posts:
  • Interests:maryjane
  • Cannabis Use:Hemp/Fibre
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: fire lighter
  • Fav. Nutrients:alcohol

Cannabis will fuck you up if you have Bi polar, from what I've seen 

Porky 1982

Porky 1982

Lfdjhbkma...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3255 Posts:
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic
CBD for dogs.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
Massive Bloom
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.