Bunnings nutrients

Hi Iam a first time indoor grower and having good results so far using Canna products. Iam growing in Canna Terra and using the run to waste set up. the only down side of this is that the Canna nutrients are very expensive. The other day while shopping at Bunnings I came across the hydroponic nutrient section and had a look at some of products from Manutec. The low cost was the first thing that got me wondering if the nutrients would be any good for weed. For example a one litre of cannazym cost around $80.00 and one litre of Manutec organic plus is $13.00 . Wondering if anyone has used Manutec products for good results or any other info would be appreciated

Thanks Darkie

Just curious, why do you want to use cannazym? Afaik it's used to help break down the roots so you can reuse the soil... is it really saving you any money if it's $80 a bottle?

Personally i use Canna bio vega/flores with great results, but when im out im going to try powerfeed red/purple from bunnings. I did a quick cost per liter calculation and powerfeed works out about 7c/l whereas canna bio was around 15c/l. Interestingly the ozimagic brand worked out about 25c/l which i was going to try next, but not if canna works out cheaper!

Just curious, why do you want to use cannazym? Afaik it's used to help break down the roots so you can reuse the soil... is it really saving you any money if it's $80 a bottle?

Personally i use Canna bio vega/flores with great results, but when im out im going to try powerfeed red/purple from bunnings. I did a quick cost per liter calculation and powerfeed works out about 7c/l whereas canna bio was around 15c/l. Interestingly the ozimagic brand worked out about 25c/l which i was going to try next, but not if canna works out cheaper!

I wouldn't go putting red powerfeed from Bunnings in a hydroponic system its for soil.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 1

Hi Iam a first time indoor grower and having good results so far using Canna products. Iam growing in Canna Terra and using the run to waste set up. the only down side of this is that the Canna nutrients are very expensive. The other day while shopping at Bunnings I came across the hydroponic nutrient section and had a look at some of products from Manutec. The low cost was the first thing that got me wondering if the nutrients would be any good for weed. For example a one litre of cannazym cost around $80.00 and one litre of Manutec organic plus is $13.00 . Wondering if anyone has used Manutec products for good results or any other info would be appreciated

Thanks Darkie

I saw the same range in my local Bunnings and was curious about it myself.

Hi evilsurfer and porky thanks for your replies. I've been using cannazym in every feed as per the canna feed chart set out as this is what I was sold at the start when I purchased my set up. I also use canna vega and flora and bio boost but as I said before canna products are expensive ,so just thinking maybe able to use Manutec products and still get good results for approx one quarter of the cost. What do you think, or should I just stick to what's proven

As far as I was aware Canna Terra is a Soil/potting mix

i think you'll find most if not all bagged potting mixes including bunnings stock are soilless mediums 

in saying that most would consider canna terra pro a soil mix even though it's soilless 

as long as you understand the difference between the 2 & the choice your making 

canna bio is a organic / veganic liquid nutrient powerfeed is not organic at all = "organic based" is not organic = you can't be half organic 

Edited by itchybromusic

Hi evilsurfer and porky thanks for your replies. I've been using cannazym in every feed as per the canna feed chart set out as this is what I was sold at the start when I purchased my set up. I also use canna vega and flora and bio boost but as I said before canna products are expensive ,so just thinking maybe able to use Manutec products and still get good results for approx one quarter of the cost. What do you think, or should I just stick to what's proven

Ive been using the same lineup minus the cannazym for about 18 months. My advice would be to ditch the cannazym once you're out and dont worry about rhizo either (feed chart says to use it) instead substitute with seasol from bunnings. I really like the bio vega/flores and if you buy in 1l packs it's about $45 each, and you won't go through as much vega so it will last a while. I can't comment about switching, as it's all ive used with great results. Saying that, i may try to use purple powerfeed for flower when i run out, but really im saving $22 over 2 or 3 runs going this way... is it worth it to experiment? Not sure.

If you want to add some beneficial bacteria, go go juice is about $15 for a huge bottle that will last you ages (bunnings)

I got given a free sample of mammoth p which im trying out, and honestly my stuff looks the same. It's crazy expensive at around $90 for 125ml i believe, and i won't be buying any one im out... back to go go juice.

Also, when you say the other one is a quarter of the cost, make sure you check out how much you need to use per liter. I find the bio line is very concentrated and at 3.5ml per liter max, it actually works out to be not that expensive.

Edited by evilsurfer