Medical Access

merl1n

Question

A couple of months ago I asked my GP about obtaining cannabis to treat my ongoing symptoms.

"Ohh ahhh, I don't know anything about the processes, I wouldn't know where to start..."

Being that I'm in SA and there being no clinic's here (our state Gov't (Liberal) still have their heads buried firmly up their own arses)  I thought the whole process would be a waste of time

I went investigating and found a clinic in NSW, who would go through the whole process online.

So after a couple of weeks of paperwork both from myself and my GP, today I got the call from the clinic and have had the initial approval.

I now have to obtain the approval from the TGA but from what I've been told this should not be a problem and should take less than a week.

The Dr I spoke to has told me that what he would be prescribing is a CBD and THC combination as my situation is pain related.

I asked the Dr about the cost of the medication itself as it is NOT on the PBS and I have to say it is NOT cheap.

The Dr himself would not actually tell me a defined cost but advised me to call the chemist in Victoria.

Upon doing so I was told $270/50ml + postage ($30), so $300 delivered. First thought "Fuck, it'd be cheaper to go buy an ounce" but have decided to follow through with the process.

At this point I have not been told of the recommended dosages, so how long that 50ml is going to last I am unsure.

I am also unsure if I may be able to get my local chemist to get it in for me or whether it needs to come from an approved compounding chemist, solely in Victoria.

So the processes have been started. The dr and the prepaid TGA approvals have cost me $550 so far (that's without the script itself), so let's see how much more it's gonna cost

When I have any further info I will let you all know.

Just thought others maybe interested

Merl1n

• Upvote 7

Talking with the missus earlier.......she was saying that one of her colleagues has been prescribed some sort of cannabis oil for her adhd prone son here in Oz.

$1200 for a small bootle. The bottle lasts 1 month. Was giving the impression it was a small glass bottle around 100ml. 

Does this sound correct? 
Not that I think she is bullshitting. Just doesn’t sound right to me.

Apologies if this has already been covered in this thread, I’m mostly stoned and can’t be arsed with 48 pages at the moment........that’s half the problem with us stoners........lol lol.

Second hand info from my missus is never really reliable.......gotta luv her.

i think the main take away from my conversation with her was the $1200 per month. Maybe it’s four bottles a month her son goes through. Is that even doable?

Anyways, $12 hundy is a shit tonne per month. 
‘Your 300 a bottle sounds a heap more affordable.

Any information I can pass on to her regarding where to source cheaper oil would be appreciated if that’s possible. :)

Second hand info from my missus is never really reliable.......gotta luv her.

i think the main take away from my conversation with her was the $1200 per month. Maybe it’s four bottles a month her son goes through. Is that even doable?

Anyways, $12 hundy is a shit tonne per month. 

‘Your 300 a bottle sounds a heap more affordable.

Any information I can pass on to her regarding where to source cheaper oil would be appreciated if that’s possible. :)

One of the online cannabis clinics should be able to help her.

I pay a similar amount to Aqua40

Mick

Hey Tru,

There are some really scary like 'OMG' quotes and stories out there regarding costs. Initially, I saw a report of $1000/week :shok: :ack: :scratchin:    Most of them are bullshit. Sorry.

The application fees seem to vary heaps, so hunt around for what best meets your needs, be that cost or location or availability. I'm in SA, I could get it from a chemist here, but at double the price. I was getting mine from a QLD chemist but Corona was making the process a PITA (Pain In The Arse). Presently I'm getting mine from VIC, it's cheaper, quicker and easier to obtain, that suits me. :applause: 

My recommendation is that you speak to the people who know. I'm not going to make recommendations regarding which one, that's up to you, but here's a few for you to make a start with.

https://caclinics.com.au/
https://ncclinics.com.au/

https://www.cannvalate.com.au/

https://medicalcannabisservices.com.au/

https://www.greenchoices.com.au/patients/access-to-medical-cannabis

I would recommend that you have a good read of each of those sites as each has it's own differing and relevant information. The more information you have, the better, more informed decision you can make. Go into it blind and you run the risk of being robbed blind, 'cos let's face it, some (like in my state) are just ripoff merchants. Just to give you an idea, earlier today I placed a re-order for a script of dried flower, 2x5gms, and it cost me $223 + $20 delivery. Some people have said that they also get a pensioner discount, I don't, but don't forget to ask about that too.

Best of luck, let us know how you get on.

Merl1n 

• Upvote 1

Hey Mick,

Yea, I'm getting bud now (they call it 'Flos') This stuff is Bedrocan, form the company Bedrocan Australia. The strain listed is Cannabis Sativa L. 'Alfina'. It comes in bud form

I know of other patients who are also getting flos, but their's is already mulled

I'd recommend having a bit of a ring around pharmacies as the price varies a fair bit, as I've said before.

Just found this

The TGA is proposing to allow Australians to obtain low-dose cannabinoid (CBD)

The TGA is proposing to allow Australians to obtain low-dose cannabinoid (CBD) oils and pills from pharmacists, rather than forcing them to obtain a doctor’s prescription.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/money/markets/asx-pot-stocks-are-getting-high-after-tga-interim-ruling/ar-BB18SbKR

• Upvote 2