Medical Access

merl1n

Question

A couple of months ago I asked my GP about obtaining cannabis to treat my ongoing symptoms.

"Ohh ahhh, I don't know anything about the processes, I wouldn't know where to start..."

Being that I'm in SA and there being no clinic's here (our state Gov't (Liberal) still have their heads buried firmly up their own arses)  I thought the whole process would be a waste of time

I went investigating and found a clinic in NSW, who would go through the whole process online.

So after a couple of weeks of paperwork both from myself and my GP, today I got the call from the clinic and have had the initial approval.

I now have to obtain the approval from the TGA but from what I've been told this should not be a problem and should take less than a week.

The Dr I spoke to has told me that what he would be prescribing is a CBD and THC combination as my situation is pain related.

I asked the Dr about the cost of the medication itself as it is NOT on the PBS and I have to say it is NOT cheap.

The Dr himself would not actually tell me a defined cost but advised me to call the chemist in Victoria.

Upon doing so I was told $270/50ml + postage ($30), so $300 delivered. First thought "Fuck, it'd be cheaper to go buy an ounce" but have decided to follow through with the process.

At this point I have not been told of the recommended dosages, so how long that 50ml is going to last I am unsure.

I am also unsure if I may be able to get my local chemist to get it in for me or whether it needs to come from an approved compounding chemist, solely in Victoria.

So the processes have been started. The dr and the prepaid TGA approvals have cost me $550 so far (that's without the script itself), so let's see how much more it's gonna cost

When I have any further info I will let you all know.

Just thought others maybe interested

Merl1n

• Upvote 7

Has anyone been referred to plantMed in Brissy?

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

There's a heap of doctors doing it now here. Last I looked into it initial consultation was around $175 but remember Kloud I live close to the city. The best seem to be Annerly or a place out Eagle Farm. We can access clinics based in Sydney with a doctors referral as well.

Price is starting to come down a bit now with more competition but it still cost more than black market. I might get a script for hubby just so when we travel he has medical clearance to have cannabis in his system.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

I might get a script for hubby just so when we travel he has medical clearance to have cannabis in his system.

good point Aqua ... having a script would make driving a lot less stressful ... and would get rid of the need for vinegar.:)

Edited by pug1010

I think I heard on the news the other night that more Aussie stock should hit the market from September onwards from a Bundaberg mob. Surely the Sunny Coast mob is supplying the Aussie market by now as well. This time next year should be a reasonable time to gauge how the local supply is and it's retail price.

There's also a clinic on the GC somewhere. Down Miami/Mermaid Beach way (iirc).

• Upvote 1

Which is just what the gov and pharm companies want to hear :(  :(  :(

I do agree Mongy BUT we have to start somewhere in gaining medical access. I would much rather both govt and big pharma had nothing to do with the whole process, but let's face it, that was never going to happen. Presently, I can cover the cost. If I couldn't I wouldn't be taking this route. There is no use complaining about the cost if we don't participate to reduce them, to  get them down to a more manageable level.They say the costs will reduce over time, let's see. Like I say "...I have a backup anyways..." so I'm not solely relying on the trial, but if this process can assist me in determining which cannabinoid is of benefit to me personally, that's my aim.

• Upvote 1

I think I heard on the news the other night that more Aussie stock should hit the market from September onwards from a Bundaberg mob. Surely the Sunny Coast mob is supplying the Aussie market by now as well. This time next year should be a reasonable time to gauge how the local supply is and it's retail price.

There's also a clinic on the GC somewhere. Down Miami/Mermaid Beach way (iirc).

Yes correct, sunny coast stock will hit the market this September 2019.

How much lower do you want it for, on this thread a members mate is getting it for $5.50...? If you see the right people.

Getting what for $5.50? The script? or the medication itself? I doubt it's the medication itself when the pharma manufacturer is selling the 'approved trial med' for $100 in Canada. Obtaining it here in Oz when we have limited suppliers presently is one of the reasons (/excuses) given for the exorbitant costings. My mate 'Johnno' from down the road could do it cheaper but it ain't the 'approved trial med'. Comparing 'Johnno's' product to the pharmas quantifiable product would be a bit of a stretch, IMO anyway. I want to know which cannabinoid is giving me the benefit. 'Johnno' can't give me that.

Edited by merl1n
  • Upvote 2

How much lower do you want it for, on this thread a members mate is getting it for $5.50...? If you see the right people.

What I WANT is to be be allowed to grown my own without having to worry about the law.

I'm not against the research or pharm companies being an option.

I am anti extortion.

I am anti monopoly.

I am anti being beholden to the government for access to medication that I know saves people's lives and vastly improves the quality of people's lives.

What I want is for cannabis to be classified just like your common garden veggies and herbs, and for people to be allowed to grow it as such.

I want for anyone to be allowed to grow their own, but to also have an AFFORDABLE option to go to a doctor/pharmacist and get their x% cbd/x% thc blend of oil/tincture/suppository/however you want to take it.

I understand that some people are not in a position to fight, and if they can afford the extortion level prices and have no other option, they should do it. But that's just how I see it. no one should be denied medicine.

Australia hasn't had to go through the shit fights Americans have over the decades. I believe that as a result, many have a blasé attitude and would rather roll over, accept the status quo, and not rock the boat.

Nothing is going to change if you never get out of the boat. You have to face the tiger if you want to make changes.

That's just my two dollars and fifteen cents.

:freak: