First time newbie.

Hi guys. I am wanting a few tips and some leads on different products.

First off, I have a 1.2x1.2x2 tent coming with a 600w hps cooltube and a cfl for starters. I was going to go led, but will look at that for next grow.

My initial idea was to try dwc, 2 plants in a 50 litre tub. I would like some leads on a good locally available sterile agent like z7.

Other idea, maybe easier for a newb, is a dirt style grow.

Basically I have about 600 dollaroos to set up with. Will be getting the all-star hybrid pack from sss.

Thanks for any info. Have been lurking and reading heaps of diaries etc. So now I am totally confused. I am in central qld to, so trying to keep temps down may be a problem.

• Upvote 1

Tips for DWC:

1. make sure you have plenty of O2 in the nutrient solution, Get yourself a decent sized air pump and run multiple air stones.
  2. Consider making a side reservoir/control bucket for easier nutrient changes, aquarium heaters. ice bottles pH/EC testing, etc
  3. keep nutrient strength lower than label recommendation, start off small and slowly work your way up according to plants response
  • Upvote 2

Tips for DWC:

• make sure you have plenty of O2 in the nutrient solution, Get yourself a decent sized air pump and run multiple air stones.
  • Consider making a side reservoir/control bucket for easier nutrient changes, aquarium heaters. ice bottles pH/EC testing, etc
  • keep nutrient strength lower than label recommendation, start off small and slowly work your way up according to plants response
Good advice, I'd give dwc a go but it gets way too warm for about 6 months in QLD, and water chiller look too dear + power ... frozen bottles trick sounds like a plan..

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Good advice, I'd give dwc a go but it gets way too warm for about 6 months in QLD, and water chiller look too dear + power ... frozen bottles trick sounds like a plan..

Even down in Vic, the temps can climb during the summer causing res temps to rise. Fortunately I have a spare 1/4hp water chiller that I used for my marine aquarium. Also my total water volume for the RDWC was 180L (including the control res), which that volume made it take longer for the temperature to rise, but was a bitch to change nutrients every 7 days.

• Upvote 1

Even down in Vic, the temps can climb during the summer causing res temps to rise. Fortunately I have a spare 1/4hp water chiller that I used for my marine aquarium. Also my total water volume for the RDWC was 180L (including the control res), which that volume made it take longer for the temperature to rise, but was a bitch to change nutrients every 7 days.

You change every 7 days even though veg..?