Exhaust during lights out?

Yeah Kloud I’m running a 600w hps in a 1x1x2.

Apparently the distributor sproutwell greenhouses told me the 80w / 800mm long tube heaters are good for 1x1 floor space in a greenhouse so should be apples in me tent.

I’ll report back on how it lifts temps so others have something to work from.

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

I run these tube heaters as well from Sproutwell, and will say they work great. But be mindful of his comment "in a greenhouse". I have a polycarb greenhouse and the temperature different in winter can be up to a 25 degree Celcius difference from the outside temp, to the temp in the greenhouse with all the vents closed. This number is even greater in the summer, tho the heater is not needed then. So those tube heaters are efficient in greenhouses, they loose a bit of their efficiency when you use them as myself and Porky are using them in a grow room/tent

My tent sits in an outside garage with no insulation and open eve of about 60mm down both sides so what ever temp it is outside its the same in the garage. The 2 heaters bring the lights out temp up by between 10c to 15c lights out depending on how cold it is outside and by up to 15c to 20c with lights on.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Thank porky

Hey monk why would they loose a bit in a tent more so than a greenhouse? Due to exhaust fans?

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Yeah the temps i mentioned above are with no fans running at all. I turned my setup on as if they were in flower so all fans running just to see what the temps were like on a day that was 10c outside and inside was about 12c warmer, not ideal but much better that without the heating.

The design of a polycarb greenhouse is based on twin wall or triple wall polycarbonate sheeting which acts as an insulator. So the sunlight penetrates the polycarb, heating the air pocket between the polycarb sheeting and the heat built up inside the greenhouse is insulted by the warm air blanket. Polycarb sheeting has a R# rating, where as growtents do not.

And yes exhaust fans will push the heat out as well. Most domestic polycarb greenhouses only consist of a lower louvre panel and some roof vents for air circulation for temp and humidity control

• Upvote 1

Yeah Kloud I’m running a 600w hps in a 1x1x2.

Apparently the distributor sproutwell greenhouses told me the 80w / 800mm long tube heaters are good for 1x1 floor space in a greenhouse so should be apples in me tent.

I’ll report back on how it lifts temps so others have something to work from.

I got a 80cm 80w tube heater from sproutwell and put it in my tent last night on max temp while lights were on. It was 21deg c and 38%rh.

In the morning at 6am lights still on it was 30.5% and 10% RH

In summary the 80w tube heater is good for around 8 to 9deg c per m2. As a rough guide anyway.

I’ve obviously turned the heater down now to keep under 28 and get rh up.

I hope this helps others looking st the same heaters.