Exhaust during lights out?

I’ve just started my first indoor grow in a 1x1x2 tent.

Running 6” exhaust and oscillator with 600w hps air cooled hood. Light on temps are sweet. However growing in a tent inside a metal shed in winter it’s cold as f#%k at night which is when my lights are out.

I’ve been leaving exhaust off during light out due to low temps.

Should in run fans 24/7 and let em deal with cold or keep em off which would help raise temps?

Sorry forgot to mention week 2 veg.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

In veg you can get away with for the most part, but once they start to flower the smell will increase big time and you will have to leave fan filter running 24/7 or people that walk past your front gate will know what u are doing.

Are the pots sitting on the concrete floor in the shed, if they are the cold floor will sap the heat from the pots and the room pretty fast, if on floor try and get some wooden blocks to sit em on to get off the ground...

• Upvote 2

I too am inside a metal shed. My grow room is all insulated with rockwool

But, yea "...it’s cold as f#%k at night..." 

And this is why my 'lights on' cycle is at night.

You will still be needing air exchange during lights out. There maybe no light but the plant is still going through it's normal processes. No airflow will allow moisture to build up and that's what you don't want/need.

Hope it helps

Merl1n

• Upvote 3

Thanks Izzy - The pots are off the floor on wood blocks. However smell is no issue I’m on acreage and have no filters on exhaust, just some filter mesh to stop bugs and dust.

Thanks Merlin- I wanted to keep power cost down so running lights off peak. In retrospect it might of been the wrong choice over winter in Sydney.

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Thanks Merlin- I wanted to keep power cost down so running lights off peak. In retrospect it might of been the wrong choice over winter in Sydney.

Hey Allblue,

It may depend on your electricity provider but just doing a quick search here's what I found:

peak usage rates in NSW between 2pm and 8pm, Monday to Friday, with shoulder rates applying between 7am and 2pm, and 8pm and 10pm weekdays. Off-peak hours are 10pm to 7am. Only shoulder and off-peak rates are charged at weekends.

So I reckon you may need to go check with your provider as I think you may have your hours mixed up as Off-peak hours are 10pm to 7am

Merl1n

Edited by merl1n
  • Upvote 1

Just read over my initial post and see how it’s not explained well.

Between 2pm and 8pm during lights out my shed is freezing around 7-11 degrees. It’s sucking cold air from inside a heavily shaded shed. Hope this makes more sense.

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners