potting mix from Bunnings

Plant outdoors this time of year?

There are a few beautiful places that do not get frosts in SEQ like Redland Bay where you can grow all year round, outdoors with no extra equipment apart from a sunny protectected spot facing north. This was the place the DPI and the Qld University tested plants for commercial use, unfortunately most of the good rich soil has homes on it, a lot with cream carpet that will turn to red after a couple months of wet weather. This area is known for it's micro climate being protected by Stradbroke & Bay Islands and the Gold Coast Hinterland. When we would take off for Nimbin and Northern NSW as teenagers the locals would say "what are you going down there for, it's cheaper here. When you could get better deals at Nimbin it was worth the effort, but being chased out of town by the cops is no fun at all? Our winter patches were put in the middle of lantana, burrow through like a wombat and open a clearing, we knew who was flying around in helicopters and luckily only had a few patches taken. One year we found out that the cops had privately got their hands on a small chopper and were flying very, very low over the whole bush and found nothing but empty patches. The best thing to have is local knowledge, I had been growing for 25 years and had the best seed possibe, locals woud swap seed for new genetics and you knew the plants would do well. I gave up growing for 10 years and tried to believe that life is better without weed but a friend gave me some bud that was too strong for him, I was back in. I tried to plant my old seed but not one came up. So started buying seed from Yantra and China, to say they are not good seeeds is an understatement. Viability is not there, most seeeds seem to come from artificial enviroment, so when they get outdoor conditions they struggle. Two years later I finally have some decent strains that grow well in my conditions. Some people believe in over caring for your plants, my way is to pick the strongest plants, with the most resin and capable handling extremes. Breeding from hermaphrodite's and using colloidal silver is no way of breeding plants as those characteristics will follow through for at least 3 generations. Also Billy, for those rippers who think they can walk through the bush and steal someone's hard work, this makes it awfully hard as I have never lost a patch grown this time of year. In all my time growing on farm, I have never lost plants to cattle or horses. They would come and investigate when I was watering but never ate them, must have been my dreads?

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 1