F*$ken LED's

Morning all.

I thought this was a really simple thing to do, but for some reason I have managed to fuck it up.

Any help or advice appreciated.

So, I have this driver and two of these boards:

gallery_2463_1832_1573386.jpg gallery_2463_1832_133791.jpg

gallery_2463_1832_36817.jpg

I have wired up the source power by connecting the obvious colours together.  Blue to Blue, Brown to Pinky/brown and Yellow/green to Yellow/green (surely this is correct?).  The driver came from the states if that makes any difference (left of the photo).  The power lead to plug to the wall was purchased in Australia. (right side of photo).

gallery_2463_1832_486309.jpg

I have then wired the two boards in series.  The positive output from the driver to the Positive terminal on the first board.  The Negative output from the driver to the Negative terminal on the second board.  I then ran a wire between the two boards (Positive to negative).

gallery_2463_1832_1009988.jpg

Yet, when i turn on the power, there is nothing? 

I actually purchased two of these setups and neither work when wired as described above.  No light, No noise, not even some smoke... lol

The only trouble shooting i have done so far is to remove the Wago connectors on the output and twist those wires directly... no difference.

Where have I messed this up?

• Upvote 1

Morning all.

I thought this was a really simple thing to do, but for some reason I have managed to fuck it up.

Any help or advice appreciated.

So, I have this driver and two of these boards:

gallery_2463_1832_1573386.jpg gallery_2463_1832_133791.jpg

gallery_2463_1832_36817.jpg

I have wired up the source power by connecting the obvious colours together. Blue to Blue, Brown to Pinky/brown and Yellow/green to Yellow/green (surely this is correct?). The driver came from the states if that makes any difference (left of the photo). The power lead to plug to the wall was purchased in Australia. (right side of photo).

gallery_2463_1832_486309.jpg

I have then wired the two boards in series. The positive output from the driver to the Positive terminal on the first board. The Negative output from the driver to the Negative terminal on the second board. I then ran a wire between the two boards (Positive to negative).

gallery_2463_1832_1009988.jpg

Yet, when i turn on the power, there is nothing?

I actually purchased two of these setups and neither work when wired as described above. No light, No noise, not even some smoke... lol

The only trouble shooting i have done so far is to remove the Wago connectors on the output and twist those wires directly... no difference.

Where have I messed this up?

Excalty the same as my HLG, I remember having trouble in picture 4, just double check that and, 2nd is that the light dimmed to 0 ?

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 1

Hey Papa.

I followed this video which suggested they should be wired in Series... (from the 16:15 mark). that is for HLG though...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EIbC1E2U4o

I have just wired each board individually to the driver and they both fire up..

Yeah thats why I went back and checked the atreum site again mate my bad hopefully they fire up in parallel mate.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Here's a quote that may have an impact on why

"Mains voltage in Australia is 230V 50Hz. Travellers from most nations in Asia, Africa and Europe should have appliances that work on the same mains voltage as Australia - therefore you will not need a voltage converter. Notable exceptions to this are Japan, USA and Canada which uses 100/120V 50/60Hz."

https://youtu.be/ooHLSVCwBSU

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Here's a quote that may have an impact on why

"Mains

voltage

in

Australia

is 230V 50Hz. Travellers from most nations in Asia, Africa

and

Europe should have appliances that work on the same mains

voltage

as