UV B light during flower

thanks..

Would be easier if the alternate UV lights like for plants and lizards had spectrums and wavelengths. Seems need about 285nm and probably not much .. 50 watt UV light or so in square metre

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Think it's %14 total UV-A, B & C

Ozone filters most of UV-B and almost all UV-C

385nm seems a safe ish addition

NEC T-10 fluro tube from Middy's, that would be a place to start testing wavelength. They are similar in colour to the bug zapper blue and I know Melbourne Zoo uses them in their reptile enclosures to provide UV for the lizards and frogs

thanks good call will have a look. If the Zoo happy with it good sign it might be right. Hopefully just need a little bit in last two weeks of flower.

Ok, So after a bit of research on the subject of adding UVB as a stressor , today I got the grinder out and cut my light frame to fit the new addition, a Arcadia ProT5 Kit -39watt 6% UVB 34" Light. The light I am using lacks in the UVB department so I thought I would give it a try. I have mine set up with a switch out side the tent so I can turn off before opening.
They say that it is good to help boost trichome production & possibly increases thc & cbd. There has also been researched that it is very effective in controlling powdery mildew by reducing spore germination and mycelial growth. Also, UVB repels pests, as deep UV highly repulses or kills common pests that affect plants. 
From my research and advice from a successful grower, this is what was recommended for my 3x3.
I recommend using either a 39w 3ft bulb or two 24w 2 footers. 14% bulbs 2-4h, 10-12% bulbs 3-6h and the 6% bulbs can run all day long.(same heights with the LED's) 
The length of the UVB treatments also depends on the strains used. It's different from strain to strain. First signs of UVB stress look similar to heat stress so keep an eye on the upper fan leaves and when you see curled up leaf margins or twisted leaves reduce the amount of time a little until the issues disappear. 
Reptile bulbs are pretty easy to use cuz they don't stress the plants like other UVB bulbs.(Agromax pure UV's for instance) For UVB beginners they are perfect cuz they can not damage adult plants. Lower % bulbs need only more time but the quality improving effect is almost the same. 
I will introduce the light slowly at the start then ramp it up to the same time that the qb's are on for if the plant shows no sign of heat stress. peace.gif 

https://www.agricultra.com/secondarymetabolite

post-64693-0-43840000-1563270425_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

Ok, So after a bit of research on the subject of adding UVB as a stressor , today I got the grinder out and cut my light frame to fit the new addition, a Arcadia ProT5 Kit -39watt 6% UVB 34" Light. The light I am using lacks in the UVB department so I thought I would give it a try. I have mine set up with a switch out side the tent so I can turn off before opening.

They say that it is good to help boost trichome production & possibly increases thc & cbd. There has also been researched that it is very effective in controlling powdery mildew by reducing spore germination and mycelial growth. Also, UVB repels pests, as deep UV highly repulses or kills common pests that affect plants.

From my research and advice from a successful grower, this is what was recommended for my 3x3.

I recommend using either a 39w 3ft bulb or two 24w 2 footers. 14% bulbs 2-4h, 10-12% bulbs 3-6h and the 6% bulbs can run all day long.(same heights with the LED's)

The length of the UVB treatments also depends on the strains used. It's different from strain to strain. First signs of UVB stress look similar to heat stress so keep an eye on the upper fan leaves and when you see curled up leaf margins or twisted leaves reduce the amount of time a little until the issues disappear.

Reptile bulbs are pretty easy to use cuz they don't stress the plants like other UVB bulbs.(Agromax pure UV's for instance) For UVB beginners they are perfect cuz they can not damage adult plants. Lower % bulbs need only more time but the quality improving effect is almost the same.

I will introduce the light slowly at the start then ramp it up to the same time that the qb's are on for if the plant shows no sign of heat stress. peace.gif

https://www.agricultra.com/secondarymetabolite

attachicon.gifuvb.JPG

nice work [emoji106]