Spotted these little bugs

Thanks everyone.

Must've been in the osmocote, I've had pretty good results with it too.

Seems I need these yellow cards.

Info here is just fab.

Great community [emoji4]

You'll need more of the stickies in the future. Grab a while heap of them from fleabay direct from China. Much much cheaper but you'll need to wait a month which I guess you can't really do now!

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

So I got yellow strips Bunnings , $15 later, prob get joblot from China for that.

Put on tent floor and couple cut strips on soil top.

Give it few hrs n see what's doing.

Dyu reckon I'll need to Neem aswell?

nice one ... they will give a good indication of what numbers you are dealing with ...

it's a bit of a pain in the arse, but in my opinion, it is vital to have an Integrated Pest Management system.

if possible, it is about being preventative rather than curative. for me ... it starts with soil components (especially good compost/castings) and then doing regular neem/kelp meal drenches (every 10-14 days) - even during late flowering stage. also i do neem oil, potassium silicate and aloe vera foliar spray every 7-10 days until flowers start to show - up until about 2 weeks after first pistils show. every water, i add aloe vera powder as well. also ... every 7-10 days, i do a powdered malted barley watering with em1 (thanks itchy:)). not much that can be done with the make up of your soil at the moment, but the watering mentioned above can be used for your situation.

also, you might only get a couple of neem foliar sprays in before your plants starts to really flower, which might be just shy of breaking the gnat cycle - itchy and others will have more info on this, i reckon. :) if going down the foliar spray route ... personally, i would do 3 neem sprays - one straight away, one 4 days later and one 7 days after that - could also sneak in a cheeky spray one week after that as well - to make a total of 4 ... that should sort the problem out. :) when spraying, be liberal with amounts, cover all plant matter and don't be afraid to have a fair amount of drip on to your mulch layer. that brings us to the first of the real choices that you have to make ... to mulch or not to mulch ... which also means, keeping the soil moist or dry. i follow the mulch path, but before making your decision, it's always good to hear all sides/opinions. in any case ... regardless of whether you use or don't use mulch, you can still use predator bugs. :)

carbcon and pdman have very successfully used predator bugs and definitely worth having a chat with them for their advice. they are an excellent choice to stop an outbreak quickly, especially in flower. just remember that the problem that initially caused the outbreak will still need to be fixed for future grows and might also have something to do with watering, ventilation or temperatures - unfortunately, i have a bit of experience with problems caused from all of these factors. :)

i reckon you kind of have a choice here, as well ... and it happens to most of us growing in soil ... if you think you will continue on the soil path (in particular, notill / living organic soil) ... then invest in the components now (aloe vera powder, neem meal, neem oil, kelp meal, malted barley, potassium silicate, fulvic acid, em1). this is a bit of an investment though and can take time to source all of the components (although DNG has made that a fair bit easier), so if you are not sure about notill growing and time becomes an important factor (that is ... you have a shit load of gnats on all your yellow sticky traps) ... maybe the predator bug route is the better alternative. of course, you could always do both. :)

hope it helps:)

Edited by pug1010

nice one ... they will give a good indication of what numbers you are dealing with ...

it's a bit of a pain in the arse, but in my opinion, it is vital to have an Integrated Pest Management system.

if possible, it is about being preventative rather than curative. for me ... it starts with soil components (especially good compost/castings) and then doing regular neem/kelp meal drenches (every 10-14 days) - even during late flowering stage. also i do neem, potassium silicate and aloe vera foliar spray every 7-10 days until flowers start to show - up until about 2 weeks after first pistils show. every water, i add aloe vera powder as well. also ... every 7-10 days, i do a powdered malted barley watering with em1 (thanks itchy:)). not much that can be done with the make up of your soil at the moment, but the watering mentioned above can be used for your situation.

also, you might only get a couple of neem foliar sprays in before your plants starts to really flower, which might be just shy of breaking the gnat cycle - itchy and others will have more info on this, i reckon. :) if going down the foliar spray route ... personally, i would do 3 neem sprays - one straight away, one 4 days later and one 7 days after that - could also sneak in a cheeky spray one week after that as well - to make a total of 4 ... that should sort the problem out. :) when spraying, be liberal with amounts, cover all plant matter and don't be afraid to have a fair amount of drip on to your mulch layer. that brings us to the first of the real choices that you have to make ... to mulch or not to mulch ... which also means, keeping the soil moist or dry. i follow the mulch path, so before making a decision, always good to hear all sides/opinions. regardless of your mulch or no mulch decision, you can still use predator bugs. :)

carbcon (and pdman) have very successfully used predator bugs and definitely worth having a chat with them for their advice. they are an excellent choice to stop an outbreak quickly, especially in flower. just remember that the problem that initially caused the outbreak will still need to be fixed for future grows and might also have something to do with watering, ventilation or temperatures - i have a bit of experience with problems caused from all of these factors ... unfortunately. :)

i reckon you kind of have a choice here, as well ... and it happens to most of us growing in soil ... if you think you will continue on the soil path (in particular, notill / living organic soil) ... then invest in the components now (aloe vera powder, neem meal, kelp meal, malted barley, potassium silicate, fulvic acid, em1). this is a bit of an investment though and can take time to source all of the components (although DNG has made that a fair bit easier), so if you are not sure ... maybe the predator bug route is the better alternative. of course, you could always do both. :)

hope it helps:)

Thanks for your in depth reply.

No plant activity currently just in soil, have stickies in. Will get Neem and spray as you say.

This is first isolated case I've had and it's not too bad.

Think I spotted it in time.

But I shall buy stack of those sticky mats off eBay n keep around at all times from now on.

Cheers

Thanks for your in depth reply.

No plant activity currently just in soil, have stickies in. Will get Neem and spray as you say.

This is first isolated case I've had and it's not too bad.

Think I spotted it in time.

But I shall buy stack of those sticky mats off eBay n keep around at all times from now on.

Cheers

no worries  ...  some of us have differing and strong views on some aspects about growing in soil ... but reckon we all agree that neem is good stuff. :)

to make your life easier though and make the spray more effective ... you will need an emulsifying agent, as neem oil doesn't mix well with water. potassium silicate allows neem oil and water to mix together, as well as, serving a few other purposes for good plant health. just make sure to use warm/hot water - otherwise the mixture will not emulsify.

the aloe vera powder also has many beneficial pest resistant (plant health) properties and is a wetting agent.

Edited by pug1010

Good one pug. You certainly know your stuff. It's not good for organics but I've used h2o2 with success in the past when the prob was really bad. Let the top dry out and the mix up h2o2 and water and get about the top 2cm wet.

Also dont know what pots you have but remember they can enter from the bottom of the pot too. In that case steal some stockings from your missus and cover the base of the pot.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 1