• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Massive Bloom
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment

Photo

Grow space v's light intensity.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

cooper

cooper

Curing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads)
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
  • Fav. Lighting: HPS
  • Fav. Nutrients:Any hydro A+ B kits + Silica.
    I dont use magic additives

I'm considering re organising my room to give me more area to fill with plants, however, if I do I will be  reducing the light intensity by 1/2 and I'm wondering if its likely to be beneficial.

At the moment I have about  12m2 of  space to fill with plants. The light intensity of the grow space ranges between 40K lux and 90K. I'm thinking about expanding the grow space, but this will cost me light intensity.

Alternatively I can push my grow area out to 20m2 but the light intensity will be reduced to 20K - 40K lux.

Ideally, I would set up something that sits inbetween the two extremes above but It's not possible in my space.

Both setups use the same amount of light.

So what do you folk's reckon. Bright an small or less bright and big?

These options have me scratching my head , I really don't know which is best.

EDIT - I've just re-read this and realized that I't makes me look like I have a warehouse full of buds.  My bloom space is 2.2 x 3 x 2m and I train the plants onto the walls (kind of), hence the large area. For the record, I'm not a Biker or Asian crime god and I dont use PGR's :)

Edited by cooper, 10 June 2019 - 01:30 PM.

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

Postman pat

Postman pat

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 Posts:
12m2 is small? That’s massive in my books, would the drop in light not produce light fluffy buds?

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

cooper

cooper

Curing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 Posts:

12m2 is small? That’s massive in my books, would the drop in light not produce light fluffy buds?

Sorry PP, please read my edit in the first post. What I posted was very misleading regarding the size of my room.

Postman pat

Postman pat

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 Posts:
Still a big space lil biker god lol, u running 4 lights?

cooper

cooper

Curing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 Posts:

I grow vertically in cool tubes with no reflectors. My girls wrap around the lights.

Edited by cooper, 10 June 2019 - 02:12 PM.

Postman pat

Postman pat

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 Posts:
I’m dreading my power bill with 2, never seen hps run without reflectors sounds interesting can’t wait to see your grow if your posting it.

Anyone ever worried about mr policeman combing through these sites seeing some of these beautiful grows and tracking ip’s?

merl1n

merl1n

Hashin it up

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2640 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish
  • Fav. Lighting: 4x600 HPS

Hey Cooper,

Here's a link that may assist https://cannaversity...rs/lighting.php

It'll ask ya for a username and password, just hit cancel, it'll let ya in

Pat, most of us are personal growers. We have in the past have someone come on blaming us for a bust, but he bought a shitload of seeds using his own credit card and then wonders why he got busted. Idiot.

We would be hearing a hell of a lot more about individuals being busted/visited if this site was used for such purposes. A bit of common sense goes a long way, don't disclose too much.

There's only one way I get my 'greens'

and it ain't by eating them

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---account If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who Died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\---Or who may be suffering from it
survivors too..god bless em
More compassion in this world is what we need!

The Stoned Jester

The Stoned Jester

The one, the only - The Stoned Jester.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1832 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish, Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Heads:Bio-Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: 80w Philips CFL

I reckon a smaller space with more intensity would be better, that's why I think my little grows in my cupboard do pretty well cause the size is just right for the amount of light.

gallery_40304_1204_35607.jpg

Have you ever noticed the most dangerous thing about cannabis is getting caught by the police with it?

"When the legal side effects of a substance cause more harm to a person than the side effects of the substance itself we have an injustice." - Jimmy Carter

:plant: "Who says stoner's aren't creative? - Give them weed and nothing to smoke it out of, and they turn into fucking Macgyver" :plant:

CURRENT GROW - https://cannabis.com...-grow-c99-x-hk/

PREVIOUS GROWhttps://cannabis.com...3-jesters-grow/
PREVIOUS GROW - https://cannabis.com...00w-drobe-grow/

PREVIOUS GROW - https://cannabis.com...vil-experiment/

PREVIOUS GROW - https://cannabis.com...k1-x-blueberry/
PREVIOUS GROW - https://cannabis.com...er-grows-again/

READ THE RULES!

WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.

papasmurf999

papasmurf999

Lfdjhbkma...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2009 Posts:

I reckon a smaller space with more intensity would be better, that's why I think my little grows in my cupboard do pretty well cause the size is just right for the amount of light.

Reflective surfaces make a massive difference too over open spaces.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hy-Gen Sea Essentials Unique Blend of Sea Plants
Mars Hydro Store - LED Lighting and Grow Tents - Hydroponics
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.