if you decide on a centrifugal fan, you can put it inside a timber box with insulation batts stuffed around fan,

worked well to dampen the noise,  I wrap a doona around my centrifugal fan and tape it up, works just as well.

as for your hum at low speed with your speed controller......you need a better speed fan controller,

i used this for years https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Powertech-240-VAC-50Hz-Variable-Laboratory-Autotransfomer-Variac/323436866264?hash=item4b4e56ead8:g:dtcAAOSw8JZblMDG

cost a few $$ but ima gonna have it for years to come...

What area does it have to exhaust?

Apologies if I missed it. 6 inch fan you say.

6 inch centrifugal loud.

Bunnings do a hpm 2 speed for 160, it's not terrible at all.

Max fan pro 150 lots quieter, 2 speed, a very nice fan. Better bearings.

I know overdoing it with a fan is good but for 1m2 I reckon a $150 Blauberg 4 inch will take care of that and be quieter than all but the high end 6 inch.

Got a problem in tent with spiked high temps, it's good to have that grunt to depend on to fix it fast.

As mentioned, filter will help. Love that idea about slipping a bigger pipe over it. Excellent idea.

Money no object, those acinfinity fans supposed

To be the biz.

I mount mine on tent bars, 20mm rubber between, helps a lot

What area does it have to exhaust?

Apologies if I missed it. 6 inch fan you say.

6 inch centrifugal loud.

Bunnings do a hpm 2 speed for 160, it's not terrible at all.

Max fan pro 150 lots quieter, 2 speed, a very nice fan. Better bearings.

I know overdoing it with a fan is good but for 1m2 I reckon a $150 Blauberg 4 inch will take care of that and be quieter than all but the high end 6 inch.

Got a problem in tent with spiked high temps, it's good to have that grunt to depend on to fix it fast.

As mentioned, filter will help. Love that idea about slipping a bigger pipe over it. Excellent idea.

Money no object, those acinfinity fans supposed

To be the biz.

I mount mine on tent bars, 20mm rubber between, helps a lot

Area is about 8 cubic metres.

But I reckon the quality bathroom exhaust do it nicely n quietly.

If not Bunnings take returns if reboxed n not damaged.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Yep bathroom fans are good if you just want to vent your room but if your thinking about using a filter and ducting they are useless. Go the 150 turbo bluaberg fan for the win.

What i like about bluaberg is that they have a built in thermostat and if the fan struggles and over heats it turns off. And for extra noise reduction you can get a silencer :)

Yep bathroom fans are good if you just want to vent your room but if your thinking about using a filter and ducting they are useless. Go the 150 turbo bluaberg fan for the win.

What i like about bluaberg is that they have a built in thermostat and if the fan struggles and over heats it turns off. And for extra noise reduction you can get a silencer :)

+1 on the blauberg. I bought one after seeing you talk about them in the past mate. The inbuilt thermostat is a great way to control your environment.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

+1 on the blauberg. I bought one after seeing you talk about them in the past mate. The inbuilt thermostat is a great way to control your environment.

Gives me peace of mind the fan wont burn out and start a fire :)

I don't like running fans on  thermostats. Ive had problems with them in the past regarding mouldy buds. The problem was that the lights would turn off, temp would drop and the fan would stop. During the dark cycle the humidity would go through the roof resulting in mouldy buds. If I had a dehumidifier at the time It would be different I suppose. I ended up just chucking the thermostat and lived with a bit of temperature fluctuation.

Blaubergs are bloody good fans though. I've got one with a different name on it and a blauberg motor / fan whatever.

The thermostat is buit in to the fan and it reads the temperature the motor is running at and if it gets to hot it shuts off.

Oh haha the one I have have a sensor and controls the temp of the room. But I run a dehuey so it works well for me but I can see the issue if you didn't for sure. I actually have a really good twin fan controller in my main tent from syscom that ramps up the fans during lights off to remove the humidity so I could probably run without the dehuey if I wanted, but I rely on the dehuey to keep the heat up in winter.

If you get a bathroom fan be aware that you will loose about 90% of your flow when you connect to a carbon filter. Those fans do not deal well with pressure, they are piss weak under load.

Good point

That's very true

But if need be I'll feck the carbon filter off too.

Don't really need it, my own house, n no neighbours, n smell doesn't bother me as much as the noise from that bloody fan, if you wake up at night you can't get to sleep for the cnut.

Partner winges about it too.