well they never had hydro shops let alone fans for inside hydro growing, when pedro was a young bloke starting out 

never had bloody tents either

probably on me 3rd or 4th lot of bathroom fans(30 years), always run two or three just depends on the weather

yes sticky if ya read what you quoted, it says "expensive fan" in me 1.2 tent 

Edited by pedro de pacas

Thanks

Already have carbon filter on it, and speed controller, but lower you go less fan noise but more hum.

It's gotta go it annoys me and if need be I'll toss the hps n go led if can't silence it.

Cheers

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

LED LIGHTS HAVE FANS TOO.

i have a hyper fan 6”. At lowest setting it is ok, not silent. But when cranked to highest setting it drowns out trains.

I have Mars 2 900 light. It’s fans are ok but still a constant hum in the space. The only way you will get close to silent is with $$$.

As others have said. Buy, quality, once. Although I like my hyper I won’t recommend it. It will last me forever and is a good product but it wasn’t as quiet as would reflect the $$$.

I was where you were 3 years ago.

Edited by ooodog
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for all replies.

I know leds have/need fans, the blurples have fans but better quality quantum boards etc have adequate heat sinks.

I know you still need air movement, I have that.

Things that shit me in my house go.

This fan shits me, it's going.

However thanks to great info here, found the bathroom fans in my local BGG (Bunnings grow gear[emoji38]) have decent blauberg bathroom fans so I'll try one of them on the extraction.

See how we go.

Thanks for all replies.

I know leds have/need fans, the blurples have fans but better quality quantum boards etc have adequate heat sinks.

I know you still need air movement, I have that.

Things that shit me in my house go.

This fan shits me, it's going.

However thanks to great info here, found the bathroom fans in my local BGG (Bunnings grow gear[emoji38]) have decent blauberg bathroom fans so I'll try one of them on the extraction.

See how we go.

Not sure if you can set these up for direction of rotation, or if they are a set one way flow, be better if could suck out but if not I'll put it inside n carbon filter out.

I'll buy one n have a play gotta be better than this thing I have. $90 n almost 200 cubic metre an hour extraction.

Pretty certain fans like that have jumpers for that reason.

Buy cheap, buy twice...

or three or four times

Nah that's false economy.

Agreed... i tried cheaping out... it didnt work.

10 inch isomax fan, silencer and filter. All in one. Cost me 200 bucks of second handedness. Had been used for 1 grow but was too big for the other guy... works perfectly in a 3mx3m though.