I need to get a quieter fan, this cheap online thing from grow lush is driving me nuts with the noise.

Had look on the bay, some $300, no thanks, some around $70 look ok, but not sure trust the 34db rating.

Can anyone recommend an inline 6" from personal use that's quiet and don't have to sell a kidney to buy?

Cheers

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Edited by Newbudgrower

Centrifugal fans are noisy, if that's what you have. Thats the price we pay to move lots of air through restrictive spaces. Personally, I wouldn't go cheap. Think about what happens if it stops working.

A couple of tricks to shut them up - Put a carbon filter on - 50% noise gone.

Use insulated ducting on the inlet and outlet - This helps lots.

Get another piece of insulated ducting that is large nough to slip over the whole fan unit. This works pretty well too.

Ive never used them but I hear mixed flow fans are the bomb re- air movement and noise. Bloody pricey for a good one though.

Sadly, my suggestions wont be cheap.

Thanks

Already have carbon filter on it, and speed controller, but lower you go less fan noise but more hum.

It's gotta go it annoys me and if need be I'll toss the hps n go led if can't silence it.

Cheers

Thanks

Already have carbon filter on it, and speed controller, but lower you go less fan noise but more hum.

It's gotta go it annoys me and if need be I'll toss the hps n go led if can't silence it.

Cheers

Something back the front if you want to ditch your HPS coz of a fan ..

Get a decent fan ..you will need one whatever light you use ,,

Canfan have lasted me years and worth every dollar.

Buy cheap you only going to need to replace it

• Upvote 2

I have had a few fans in my time and all have been noisy but as mentioned getting some acoustic/insulated ducting helps heaps and make sure the ducting has as little bends in it as you can as that causes noise to.

Dont skimp on $$$ when getting a fan as its the lungs of your grow, as the say you get what you pay for.

Im currently running a Blauberg fan and absolutely love it.

• Upvote 2

lol No love for the good old bathroom fans 

don't know why, they work real good, cheap, last a long time, if ya get the ball bearing ones,

they still move as much air as anything else, got two in me 3x3 m tent, they are quieter than the expensive fan in me 1.2x1.2 tent 

if i grow in summer i'll chuck a small inlet in

cost me $90 for 2, a 12 inch and a 10 inch, got two spares the same size for free, DC's at bunnings lol

Buy cheap you only going to need to replace it

Buy cheap, buy twice...

lol No love for the good old bathroom fans

don't know why, they work real good, cheap, last a long time, if ya get the ball bearing ones,

they still move as much air as anything else, got two in me 3x3 m tent, they are quieter than the expensive fan in me 1.2x1.2 tent

if i grow in summer i'll chuck a small inlet in

cost me $90 for 2, a 12 inch and a 10 inch, got two spares the same size for free, DC's at bunnings lol

Have you used and expensive fan from a hydro store pedro?