Can Group cannabis facility near Mildura on the way after sale finalis

http://www.sunraysiadaily.com.au/story/6190086/cann-group-cannabis-facility-near-mildura-on-the-way-after-sale-finalised/?cs=1259

Rightio tnucs I'm chuckin in the towel and getting a job at the facility that's being built up the road from my place. Sunny Sunraysia, love my town

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

CONSTRUCTION of a $130 million state-of-the-art medicinal cannabis-growing greenhouse near Mildura will start soon with Cann Group finalising the purchase of a $10.5 million site.

Cann Group chief executive Peter Crock said the company would take possession of the property next Wednesday with construction of the 34,000 sq/m glasshouse which is expected to be completed by the end of the year.

For security reasons the company cannot disclose the location of the site.

Not a big fan of Cann Group are ya ped

its got nothing to do with who is growing what, its the fact that we(the people) will all be left out in the cold, when it comes to growing and supplying the market 

only the BIG boys will get to play 

that and i'd already put it up months ago that it was happening 

Edited by pedro de pacas

Months ago they expressed interest, I posted this article because its confirmation that its going ahead.

I agree there, should be some mechanism/law/legislation for people to grow their own. What's on offer by big corporations may not provide relief, or people just don't want to have to be dependant on a big corporation that's easily influenced by other factors (law, market, etc)

As good as it sounds, I think jobs at these facilities would be pretty shitty.

Like most positions that everyone wants, they probably will employ people who are overqualified and the pay will be mean. (just a guess) I think a job at a normal gardening store would probably pay better and the work would be more varied.

Yeah I was just shooting the poop, I'd imagine they'd go after people with some sort of hort/botany degree from a university just to prune/defol/shutkick. Then they run right up every applicants are with a police check from every state and federal, wouldn't be surprised if they attained driving records as well. If I see an advert, shit I'll apply but honestly I'm not keen on working in a glasshouse especially here in Sunraysia, ramps up to 45 degrees for a few months each year easy, we've just had our cold snap as well, 3 weeks ago it was still 26-29 celsius