interesting stuff 

have a play with water height for more or less water usage as well 

here are some things i came across when i got into the idea of using blumats 

setup ideas & constant water level rez stuff 

this was mostly for the drip system

post-50689-0-37635100-1559302852_thumb.jpg post-50689-0-68659300-1559302907_thumb.jpg

post-50689-0-18595200-1559302977_thumb.jpg post-50689-0-15446600-1559303021_thumb.jpg

post-50689-0-67234400-1559303064_thumb.jpg

never setup anything but grabbed these at the time thinking i'll have a good

look at them when i put them together

for the drip & classic systems , a constant rez water level will give you a constant water pressure

rather than the pressure changing as the water level decreases 

whether it's hard or not to setup a constant level rez , i wouldn't know cos never done it  

• Upvote 1

some thinking has been done on those designs - things get far more complex when looking at a constant water level rez.

i know what you mean about the benefits of constant pressure. don't know of an easy, compact and cheap system for the classics that i would feel comfortable with in my set up. i will most likely use them as a watering buffer instead of a total solution - the digitals should hopefully allow this. if i can fine-tune the classics a little more ... it will actually suit me, as i want to continue doing neem/kelp, fulvic and em1 top waterings. got the em1 going ... thx for that mate ... took me awhile, but eventually got there. :)

for an outside rez ... just wondering if there are any fail-safe tap systems available that would shut off the mains water, when a desired level in the rez is reached or also if there is a sudden pressure drop ... maybe something like a toilet cistern could be put in the rez (or the top half of a dunny used as a pressurised rez) .... these are relatively cheap and reliable. there would be a slight drop in pressure, but the float could be adjusted to minimalise this.

anyway mate ... probably talking out of my date ... hehehe ... couldn't resist. :)

Edited by pug1010

fail safe tap system , yeah there is , the blumat drip system have a water pressure converter thingy 

that you attact to your outdoor tap & the system works the same without having a rez , just straight from the tap 

https://www.sustainablevillage.com/blumat-kit-pressure the little round gray thing bottom left of the blumat system pic

no good for the classic's though  

yep there is also a pump system with toilet type cistern , once the water gets to a set height 

the pump stops the water from filling , once the water drops low enough the refill pump is triggered to fill the rez 

i was told when i brought a system , " people think & talk to much shit with blumats " " just follow directions & shut the fuck up " 

never done business with the guy since 

Edited by itchybromusic

i was told when i brought a system , " people think & talk to much shit with blumats " " just follow directions & shut the fuck up " 

never done business with the guy since 

would love to walk into a back garden with organic monsters ... then walk further and see a toilet in the middle of the grove ... then see the grower sitting on it (seat down of course) ... enjoying the lovely fragrance. wonder what the 'shut the fuck up' fella would think.:)

watched an entourage episode once with val kilmer in it, where he was an organic grower in the middle of hollywood ... that was kind of similar ... cracked me up ... fuck johnny drama and turtle made me laugh.:)

would love to walk into a back garden with organic monsters ... then walk further and see a toilet in the middle of the grove ... then see the grower sitting on it (seat down of course) ... enjoying the lovely fragrance. wonder what the 'shut the fuck up' fella would think. :)

watched an entourage episode once with val kilmer in it, where he was an organic grower in the middle of hollywood ... that was kind of similar ... cracked me up ... fuck johnny drama and turtle made me laugh. :)

lol lol lol 

Looking at something like that, cheers itchy :)

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

kloud i had to buy a pressure reducer for the pressure reducer :)

the blumat reducer could only handle up to X amount of presser so i needed to reduce 

the pressure from my tap b4 the water got to the blumat pressure reducer if that makes sense 

can't remember numbers now but the water pressure here is pretty full on straight out the tap 

the idea and the whole plan look fantastic, you know! Speaking of growing stuff, I'm the worst gardener, you know, the whole process just drives me mad, don't know why, I have tried a couple of times, however, as for me, it's better to order some weed or kratom and feel happy. I mean, you don't waste your time on growing and caring for this plant and you can't get disappointed if it dies. That's why I usually order bulk kratom and enjoy high quality of the product! this online store is pretty customer friendly, besides. You can try it as well!

Edited by PhilParsons4