Good value?

Got a mate who grew out side last season but has just finished renovating his house and has a 3x3m space under his house now. His budget is 4.5k and hes thinking of buying this.

Gorilla Grow Tent 8' x 8' California Lightworks SolarXtreme 500W LED Grow Tent Kit Shop All Grow Tent Kits Grow Tent Kits

https://hydrobuilder.com/gorilla-grow-tent-8-x-8-california-lightworks-solar-system-550w-led-grow-tent-kit.html

I told him ide put it up here and see what yous think.

All other suggestions are welcome. Is it generally cheaper to bye a kit like the one above or bye separate and build your own setup

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Fuck me, way too dear bro.. ... New friend sounds like he got more dollars then cents... What not 2 top of the line HLG 550 series leds ? Or a Custom build like parti, or papa ? Wait for them to pipe in :)

Yeah sweet kloud. He wants quality first time thats why he was looking at that one. Would 2 hlgs 550s cover a 2.4x2.4m space.

• Upvote 1

More than half the cost would be from those shitty lights. Coming into winter tell him to get some 630w DE CMH or build some strip boards. But you are saying quality so I would go 630w CMH and get some far red LED’s if anything. He should fuck off the tent and get a room or split and go perpetual

if he has a discreet 3m x 3m space why does he need the extra cost of a tent 

if he needs a visual block just hang some black & white panda film 

the panda will have the same impact on fan noise as a tent would = zero effect 

look into led's over hid's imho , in not that many years to come all indoor Ag lighting 

will be led i reckon , may as well get a handle on growing under led's now 

does he have a exhaust point for the space , what about fresh air intake 

i would put some money aside for carbon filters for both in & out air exchanges

Edited by itchybromusic
  • Upvote 1

More than half the cost would be from those shitty lights. Coming into winter tell him to get some 630w DE CMH or build some strip boards. But you are saying quality so I would go 630w CMH and get some far red LED’s if anything. He should fuck off the tent and get a room or split and go perpetual

Hes dead set on a tent as he has 3 young kids and he can put a little pad lock on it to keep em out. Hes also dead set on LED. So it is cheaper to buy individual and build it up your self. The lights in the link are the cheapest of the cali light works lights.