Coco with dry amendments advice

Hey guys,

I want to start a new grow with a coco / perlite (75% / 25%) mix, and am after some advice regarding nutrients.

I don't really want to fuck around with bottled nutes and have seen some cool stuff being done with dry amendments, so i'm keen to try that out.

Has anyone had any experience with the premixed nutrient kits from organic gardening solutions? https://www.organicgardeningsolutions.com.au

The grow will be a single plant in the same pot start to finish (probably 5L) so I'm hoping to figure out a mix to go along with the coco + perlite combo to start with, and then one/multiple mixes I can add in as I progress through veg/bloom.

I know very little about this dry amendments stuff unfortunately, ideally I want something simple and that I can hand water. To my noob eyes the no till and late flower kits look really good, but hoping someone has tried them before and can give me some advice.

Thanks!

ut

Why are you so against bottled nutes? If it is the expense and paying for lots of water, try Greenhouse Seed Company powdered nutrients. Very easy mixing I've found and my healthiest most carefree grow to date. I have added other bottled nutes though but only due to having excess bottled calmag to use before swapping to the GHSC powder equivalent and trialling Terpinator through flowering. I run to waste through a coco perlite mix aswell, and cost has always been a concern.

Hey all thanks for the replies.

Why are you so against bottled nutes? If it is the expense and paying for lots of water, try Greenhouse Seed Company powdered nutrients. Very easy mixing I've found and my healthiest most carefree grow to date. I have added other bottled nutes though but only due to having excess bottled calmag to use before swapping to the GHSC powder equivalent and trialling Terpinator through flowering. I run to waste through a coco perlite mix aswell, and cost has always been a concern.

I wouldn't say I'm so against bottled nutes, I just have seen great stuff being done with dry amendments and it looks nice and low maintenance. Do you have a grow diary or something you can link so I can check out your powdered nutes run? I really am just after something pretty carefree which will give me some nice quality buds.

I believe OGS amendments are designed to be used between grows to boost their living soils... not as an alternative to nutrients in an inert medium.

Why not use a living soil instead? But you will need much bigger pots, at least 25L.

Yea the OGS no till nutrient kit definitely sounds that way from the description on their site and I have nothing else to go off right now. I was sort of thinking if its used to put all the needed nutrients back in after a grow, then it might work as a starting mix? (possibly combined with one of their other mixes like the later flower)

On the other hand, the other nutrient mixes (veg, early flower and late flower) all sound like they should be used during the grow, and the late flower mix has things like guano, blood / bone meal etc. which from what I've been reading so far, seems like quite a good mix.

I was looking at the coco / perlite setup as I am creating a small grow space and the smaller pot size will give me some extra room to work with. I am only doing one plant though (in about a 40cm x 40cm x 120cm space), so I guess I could squeeze a ~25L pot in there if you think that's my best bet.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Yea man that's the sort of thing I've seen a lot lately! Mr. Canucks Grow is putting out some nice buds indeed. I couldn't find anything like gaia green / dr earth around though (fertilizer dry amendments mixes with npk 4-4-4 / 2-8-4). That's actually what got me looking into doing the dry amendments myself.

Got any options you know of that work well with coco?

Thanks for all the help guys - appreciate it  :pimp:
  • Upvote 1

I wouldn't say I'm so against bottled nutes, I just have seen great stuff being done with dry amendments and it looks nice and low maintenance. Do you have a grow diary or something you can link so I can check out your powdered nutes run? I really am just after something pretty carefree which will give me some nice quality buds.

Yea the OGS no till nutrient kit definitely sounds that way from the description on their site and I have nothing else to go off right now. I was sort of thinking if its used to put all the needed nutrients back in after a grow, then it might work as a starting mix? (possibly combined with one of their other mixes like the later flower)

On the other hand, the other nutrient mixes (veg, early flower and late flower) all sound like they should be used during the grow, and the late flower mix has things like guano, blood / bone meal etc. which from what I've been reading so far, seems like quite a good mix.

I was looking at the coco / perlite setup as I am creating a small grow space and the smaller pot size will give me some extra room to work with. I am only doing one plant though (in about a 40cm x 40cm x 120cm space), so I guess I could squeeze a ~25L pot in there if you think that's my best bet.

Any thoughts on the Ready-To-Grow kit from OGS? https://www.organicgardeningsolutions.com.au/collections/kits/products/ogs-ready-to-grow-notill-kit

Yea man that's the sort of thing I've seen a lot lately! Mr. Canucks Grow is putting out some nice buds indeed. I couldn't find anything like gaia green / dr earth around though (fertilizer dry amendments mixes with npk 4-4-4 / 2-8-4). That's actually what got me looking into doing the dry amendments myself.

Thanks for all the help guys - appreciate it :pimp:

Check out herbin farmer on YouTube

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Check out herbin farmer on YouTube

Cool beans will do! Thanks :)

Just happened to notice OGS also has this baby booster germ mix which looks like an interesting peat moss, worm casings, rice hulls, perlite mix with all the organic amendment goodies as well. https://www.organicgardeningsolutions.com.au/products/baby-booster-germ-mix

Anyone familiar with this mix?

I also am not sure about the OGS nutrient mixes and whether I need to go down the molasses / tea path or if i can just top dress and water in.

Cool beans will do! Thanks :)

Just happened to notice OGS also has this baby booster germ mix which looks like an interesting peat moss, worm casings, rice hulls, perlite mix with all the organic amendment goodies as well. https://www.organicgardeningsolutions.com.au/products/baby-booster-germ-mix

Anyone familiar with this mix?

I also am not sure about the OGS nutrient mixes and whether I need to go down the molasses / tea path or if i can just top dress and water in.

You could just buy a bag of ready made water only soil. Probably the easiest way to go

I wouldn't say I'm so against bottled nutes, I just have seen great stuff being done with dry amendments and it looks nice and low maintenance. Do you have a grow diary or something you can link so I can check out your powdered nutes run? I really am just after something pretty carefree which will give me some nice quality buds.

Any thoughts on the Ready-To-Grow kit from OGS? https://www.organicgardeningsolutions.com.au/collections/kits/products/ogs-ready-to-grow-notill-kit

Thanks for all the help guys - appreciate it :pimp:

Just click on the profile pic and it will take you to all the stuff they have posted.

You could just buy a bag of ready made water only soil. Probably the easiest way to go

What do you think of that ready-to-grow no till kit I posted above by OGS? Its a 15L premade no till soil mix combined with 2L of OGS' take on subcool's supersoil.

Both soil mixes say just water (though the no till mix says its designed to be top dressed over time), and it will probably be big enough to take me right the way through. Hoping I can top dress some of their flower nutrient kit but I really dont want to muck around with that molasses tea lol.

Just click on the profile pic and it will take you to all the stuff they have posted.

Haha thanks ;) - private profile :(