Can they be saved?

Hey guys 2 of my seedlings are not looking great so not sure if they can recover or should I just get rid of them.

Bigger one is very leggy and it is about 1month old. Spent 2 weeks at my mum's house next to the tv while I was on holiday so it was barely alive by the time I came back.

Both in Coco perlite mix

Second one I think I managed to over water even after I read so many articles of that being number 1 beginner mistake.

Haven't watered it in last 4 days but for what ever reason it's keeping the moisture even tho I have drainage holes so not sure what that all about?

Can the plant fully recover from stunted grow if I veg it a bit longer or the demage is done and the yeild will be affected if I give them chance to fight till the end?

post-65007-155722917747_thumb.jpegpost-65007-155722919956_thumb.jpeg

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

I think the problem here is the amount of crap TV that the poor plant has been exposed to ,,,,that's mums for you.

May help to water a lot less till it's big enough to drink a bit more,,and that's why it's taking so long to dry out.

Plants to small to drink much ,and probably looks off colour due to being to wet, ,,fucking around with the roots.

Keeping tabs on PH ?.

Edited by Serrated edge

I think the problem here is the amount of crap TV that the poor plant has been exposed to ,,,,that's mums for you.

May help to water a lot less till it's big enough to drink a bit more,,and that's why it's taking so long to dry out.

Plants to small to drink much ,and probably looks off colour due to being to wet, ,,fucking around with the roots.

Keeping tabs on PH ?.

Yes keeping tabs on pH. Keeping it around 6

Still working out strength of nutrients. Canna Coco grow guide is using EC and my pen is in ppms so I guess need to convert it.

But at the moment I'm using half the strength recommended.

Still must be doing something wrong since my other 2 seedlings growing in soil are much bigger and healthier looking then this Coco business. I thought it should be other way around

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

I'd drop to quarter strength,,half is too much for its size especially when it's not drinking much,

Let it get some colour and vigour then up the strength.

Try perlite and vermiculite next time ,,it's problem free medium .

You can bring them back, but they may never be as great as they would have been if the didnt get a little dmg.

agree 1/4 would be best

can also look at foliar spray when young, many things out there, I use Healty Earth https://www.petandgarden.com.au/organic-pest-control/1640-healthy-earth-plant-spray-1litre.html i get mine from the local miter 10. I find it better then other foliar sprays. Just remember it is systemic so you can over feed and dont spray after the 2 week of flower, as systemic products stay in the play for 3-4 weeks, depending on how heavy feeders they are.

Disagree, perlite and vermiculite are not a problem free medium. There is no such thing as a problem free medium. Each have the pros and cons, it what ever works best for you.

I have tried everything, apart from flowering in airoponic, but I use turbo cloners so i get the idea. ATM I am having fun with coco, might go back to DWC when I have more free time.

Happy Growing 

You can bring them back, but they may never be as great as they would have been if the didnt get a little dmg.

agree 1/4 would be best

can also look at foliar spray when young, many things out there, I use Healty Earth https://www.petandgarden.com.au/organic-pest-control/1640-healthy-earth-plant-spray-1litre.html i get mine from the local miter 10. I find it better then other foliar sprays. Just remember it is systemic so you can over feed and dont spray after the 2 week of flower, as systemic products stay in the play for 3-4 weeks, depending on how heavy feeders they are.

Disagree, perlite and vermiculite are not a problem free medium. There is no such thing as a problem free medium. Each have the pros and cons, it what ever works best for you.

I have tried everything, apart from flowering in airoponic, but I use turbo cloners so i get the idea. ATM I am having fun with coco, might go back to DWC when I have more free time.

Happy Growing

Interested to know what problems you reckon perlite and vermiculite can give ,,,and don't give some spiel you read from the net.

lol ya can't hang shit on perlite 

or can ya lol, my only problem with it is, its fucking all over the place, on the path, in the garden beds, all over me buds, in the shed, everywhere i look,

fucking windy tnuc of a place it is

its probably quite good inside, if ya water them often

next run in pots is going to be 30/30/30% of coco, perlite and vermiculite + 10% perlite on the bottom

vermiculite can have all the same problems as coco can have, as it holds onto water. And the same bugs problems. Main difference is that coco can hold onto cal, mag. Some people recommend adding Calmag to over come this issue. 

I run a recirculating system and i find that vermiculite can clog my pumps.  

I am not saying that perlite and vermiculite are bad, I have run them. Just saying that it is not problem free, no medium is problem free.