Fixing cmh315w wiring ... electrician or elecrtonic repairs?

g'day all :)

weather's getting cooler and would like to get my Dpap 315w ceramic metal halide up and running again.

it's been moved a lot and been rattled around a fair bit. think that there is a loose connection somewhere, as the light comes on and goes off when the light gets moved up/down or from side to side. there aren't that many pieces to the light, so hoping that's all it is.

was just wondering who to see in this case ... would it be an electronic repair shop, electrician or someone else?

any advice greatly appreciated. :)

ps ... i'm not confident of fixing electrical gear and would like to go with someone who is certified to fix this kind of stuff.:)

Edited by pug1010

thx puggle ... i throw my hat in the ring for most things, but am really cautious with electrical stuff.

don't get me wrong ... am hoping it is something simple ... i understand what isolate is ... but have no idea how to do it - that probably gives a good indication of my level of knowledge ... :)

thx puggle ... i throw my hat in the ring for most things, but am really cautious with electrical stuff.

don't get me wrong ... am hoping it is something simple ... i understand what isolate is ... but have no idea how to do it - that probably gives a good indication of my level of knowledge ... :)

Heh.. don't have it plugged in!

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Hey pug

Can you post a pic of the internals of your light.

How long does the lamp ignite for?I was a sparky in my old life so the more info you can give me the better. Might be as simple as a tighten and clean. Cheers

PDman

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

omd could be right here but if i was wanting to get a repair done 

i reckon prob the best guy to go to is a stage lighting repair guy 

he might not be able to help but i used to work with one until he retired

& he would of at least looked at it for ya  

could always ring Philips or hydro experts & ask who there warranty repairer is in your state 

try ringing a stage lighting hire place & ask if they repair there own stuff 

or where they go to get repairs done , in melb try CLS in port melb , CLS = Concert Lighting Systems 

keep in mind it's not illegal to own hid's , only what you might grow under them 

that could have some legal ramifications , otherwise no probs owning a light 

Tru Itchy but its a throw away world we live in now and going through all that crap just to fix it would not be my first choice as i dont wont to red light what i do anymore then i have to so id rather just get a new one and peace of mind that things are all good and chances of ya house burning down is at a minimal now lol

Tru Itchy but its a throw away world we live in now and going through all that crap just to fix it would not be my first choice as i dont wont to red light what i do anymore then i have to so id rather just get a new one and peace of mind that things are all good and chances of ya house burning down is at a minimal now lol

agree mate , it's a shame we're a throw away society but i get under the radar is under the radar  

just hard to throw away something that sold for a tidy sum of money when they came out  

Edited by itchybromusic